Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 07-18-2019, 11:05 AM   #1
dadnjesse

New 2018 3560 SS Big Country

I am purchasing a 2018 leftover Big Country 3560 SS from a dealer. I noticed the roof has air bubbles around 6 inches long on the edges of the roof where it attaches to the sides. They are telling me this is normal, should I accept it this way or demand they fix it. I worry these bubbles will grow from the wind pulling at the roof traveling down the road.
dadnjesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 11:59 AM   #2
Tbos

None of the rubber roofs lay perfectly flat or fit every bend perfectly. If the edges of the roof are well sealed and the all the other items on the roof are also sealed well you should be good. I know my Alpine has a few of those spots as did my Passports before the Alpine. None had/have any issues with the roof. Good luck. Hope you enjoy your rig and it provides many years of good memories.
Tbos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 12:36 PM   #3
dadnjesse

I sure hope it's not a problem, it's a lot of money. I will make sure I put a note about it before taking delivery
Old 07-18-2019, 03:30 PM   #4
Tbos

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadnjesse View Post
I sure hope it's not a problem, it's a lot of money. I will make sure I put a note about it before taking delivery

If you are unsure get on the roof on a couple different rigs by different manufacturers. See how they compare.
Old 07-18-2019, 07:59 PM   #5
travelin texans

IMHO any bubbles in the roof membrane are NOT normal!
If you chose to accept the unit I'd get in writing from someone with authority at the dealership that if it gets worse &/or needs repaired in the future that they will cover the fix to YOUR satisfaction regardless of cost of time or materials necessary for repairs & will do so in a timely manner.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 04:28 AM   #6
Tbos

I may have spoken to soon. If the OP can post pictures of the bubbles it might be helpful. I know the roofs on all 3 of my RVs have had areas that weren’t glued down smoothly. Particularly near where the roof material goes over the edge on the sides. So far I’ve not had an issue.
Old 07-19-2019, 09:13 AM   #7
dadnjesse

I will get some pictures next time I get down there, I still haven't closed on the deal yet.