Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Odds 'n Ends
Click Here to Login

Old 11-17-2011, 08:31 AM   #1
suebobby

Question Meet & Greet

Does Keystone Owners have any type of meet & greets scheduled? Was a member of Sunline club and they have a few each year and a good time was had by all. Just wondering.
suebobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 10:44 AM   #2
SteveC7010

Quote:
Originally Posted by suebobby View Post
Does Keystone Owners have any type of meet & greets scheduled? Was a member of Sunline club and they have a few each year and a good time was had by all. Just wondering.
We were also involved with the Sunline club and while we never made it to the big M&G in PA, we did (and still do) go the to the Adirondack gathering every fall. Usually get 10 units or so and have a great time over a long weekend.

'11 Cougar 326MKS loaded with mods
'12 Ford F250 SuperCab 6.7 PowerStroke Diesel
Amateur Radio: KD2IAT (146.520) GMRS: WQPG808 (462.675 TPL 141.3)
SteveC7010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 12:49 PM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

Keystone, (the factory) doesn't sponsor any owner's club that I know of. Anything that's organized would probably be a local club. It would be nice to have some type of M&G, but I'd think it would probably be local and limited. There isn't any "formal organization" to sponsor it, from what I've been able to determine.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 04:16 PM   #4
SteveC7010

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
Keystone, (the factory) doesn't sponsor any owner's club that I know of. Anything that's organized would probably be a local club. It would be nice to have some type of M&G, but I'd think it would probably be local and limited. There isn't any "formal organization" to sponsor it, from what I've been able to determine.
Sunline went out of business in 2007. The online club sort of became the de facto owner's club, mostly for tech support initially, and then for social as folks met each other. The big rally in PA in June attracted at least 50 units this past spring.

Not really looking to Keystone for anything, even though they could take a page out of Airstream's book. The Wally Byam Caravan at any level is one heck of an owners group.

Since there are lots more Keystones than Sunlines, the only thing stopping folks from organizing and attending M&G's is themselves. If someone were to plan a M&G, I suspect som folks would show up.

The first year I planned a M&G in the Adirondacks for Sunlines, I expected 3 or 4 units, but got 11. That's pretty decent for openers.

Newmar has regional and national rallies every year with hundreds attending at the regional level, and thousands at the nationals.

It's doable if people want it.

It would be very easy for this forum to become an organization to do things like this.

'11 Cougar 326MKS loaded with mods
'12 Ford F250 SuperCab 6.7 PowerStroke Diesel
Amateur Radio: KD2IAT (146.520) GMRS: WQPG808 (462.675 TPL 141.3)
SteveC7010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 04:43 PM   #5
cumminsdad08

place and date, i'm in. we are always looking for something to do. but please make it sometime after spring. i don't want to dig it out from storage
Dogs
Buddy-beagle hound mix
Emily-beagle hound mix
Sadie-boarder collie (my amish one)
cumminsdad08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 04:55 PM   #6
Festus2
Site Team

Some time ago when the forum membership was fairly small, a couple of members suggested a rally of sorts, aka Meet and Greet, for those who lived in mid-eastern USA. This proposal didn't get too far off the ground for a variety of reasons: the main one being finding a suitable time during which this event could happen that would be suitable for everyone proved difficult. The other difficulty was finding a convenient, central location.
To make a long story short, it didn't happen and since then, no one - until today - has come forth with another proposal. Steve's comment is worth noting ---- "It's doable if people want it". Since that initial and earlier suggestion, our membership has grown considerably and it would seem that it might be more doable now than before.
It would seem to make more sense at the outset to think of a regional get-together rather than a country-wide one and perhaps the logical area would be the eastern USA. And this time of year might be a good time to start thinking about it.
If anyone out there would care to "volunteer" to head up something like this, go for it!
I would suggest however, that once the "ball gets rolling" that everyone who is really interested use either use PM's or personal emails to exchange information, suggestions and ideas. Another means of communicating with members who show interest in a M & G is the Social Groups Forum which can be found as a link in "Community".
There would be a need, I would think, for someone to step up and agree to act as a "Meet & Greet" co-ordinator if members would like to make this "doable".
Old 11-17-2011, 05:01 PM   #7
suebobby

M&G

I guess we have a few months to ponder it.
suebobby is offline   Reply With Quote