Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 10-30-2018, 08:09 AM   #1
Keithw

2011 Raptor 300mp with rotten garage floor

I just replaced the wood in the rear corners of my Raptor. Does anyone know where the water is coming in at? Every Raptor has had this issue that I know of. Looks like stains on wall by ladder (sorry pic is sideways) but everything looks calked really good. Anybody know where the water is coming from? I would really like to get this solved now.
Thanks,
Keith
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2850.JPG
Views:	318
Size:	146.3 KB
ID:	19114   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2864.JPG
Views:	286
Size:	137.0 KB
ID:	19115  
Keithw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 03:19 AM   #2
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

Check the caulking around all of your lights. Seems like that might be a common problem.

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 09:40 AM   #3
Keithw

There are really no lights where the ladder is. The water is coming down the wall by the ladder. Not sure on the other side. Floor wet same spot both sides. Attached is pic where the ladder is. Thx for any input!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ladder.JPG
Views:	228
Size:	114.9 KB
ID:	19124  
Old 10-31-2018, 09:46 AM   #4
notanlines

Keith, we had our Raptor almost four years and had no water intrusion at all. I see where your damage is, but I might be more inclined to add water from the side seals of your ramp and from UNDER the RV at the rear under the leading edge of the ramp. Look closely at the roof where the ladder is anchored and obviously all the sealing at the roofing itself. Keep us up on what you find if you will please.
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 10:03 AM   #5
Keithw

The stains are on the wall where the ladder is. I know there was a thread like this before but the cause was never stated. My friend had the same problem in his Raptor, his was a few years older. I just resealed the ladder mounts they were in rough shape. New door seals may be another good idea.
Old 11-03-2018, 08:25 AM   #6
DMK

I have also experienced water intrusion in the dovetail storage box! After closer inspection all the welds on the corners are where the holes are....

2013 Raptor 300 MP, MORryde 8K IS, Kodiak disc brakes, 940 watt solar system, 630 ah battery bank, Magnum 2000 watt pure sine wave inverter/charger, ME-ARC, ME-AGS, ME-BMK.

2005 Freightliner Century Class S/T, 14L 60 Series Detroit, 10 spd Ultrashift, w/3.73, Trailer Saver TSLB 3 bag hitch.
DMK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 07:33 AM   #7
Keithw

Thanks for all your ideas. I am going to look into them. I checked with Keystone and they say they have never heard of any problems like this?? All my friends have had the same problem...
Old 05-28-2019, 06:59 AM   #8
Keithw

Help, Water still coming in!

I replaced the rotten floor, what a project! I caulked everything I could in the corners of the roof above the garage. It rained all weekend so I thought I would open up the floor and check to see if any water is still coming in. Yes, there it is again. Not much but still a little leak and water is coming in. It is about 1 foot from the rear of the camper. Running down the wall into the floor. The only thing not caulked is the window. Just don't think that is it but running out of ideas. Anybody??
Old 05-30-2019, 02:49 AM   #9
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

Running lights, windows, anything above the wet area that is an intrusion is a possible source.

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 06:27 AM   #10
The John

Just putting this out there... just because the water is leaking down from a certain location doesn't mean its leaking there. I had a leak in lower compartment and couldn't get it to seal... until I found that water was coming in from my never used cable port on the side which was 4 feet to the side of the compartment. Water was going down a wire and filtering through the wall to the compartment.

Just my $0.02
The John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 06:37 AM   #11
Keithw

Kind of strange that it is leaking in the same spot on both rear corners?? I think it may have something to do with the rain gutters? I am caulking the windows this weekend. Not much else to do. Guess I will just be putting new wood back in every few years. It will be easier next time as now the walls are not built on top of the floors. My buddy is having the same issue but his is a few year older. Thanks for the ideas.
Old 05-31-2019, 07:26 AM   #12
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

Interesting like you I have friends with 300 Raptors, I have had no issues nor have I heard anything from them. If I recall all of us have an awning over the rear ramp. Looks like you do not have one. As you can see I am leaning toward an issue with the ramp door seal. which is common to both sides. Sounds like you have covered all the ladder mounts on the street side, nothing much on curb side as far as mounts. Have you checked how tight the seals are on that rear ramp? Can not explain the stains on the wall other than its the water being absorbed (touching rear ramp area).

When you replaced the wood and noticed water coming in again was it along the bottom of the rear ramp seal or external wall . Since wood absorbs water some times had to tell where it started plus that area floor is slanted toward the rear ramp door.
Reese 20K; Carlisle Radial Trail RH/HD; TPMS (12 Tires)

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
PARAPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
floor, raptor