Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 06-30-2018, 11:49 AM   #1
maximus216

Torn vinyl floor

Hello,
We purchased a Keystone Hideout 5th wheel last December. Its our first camper and we made our first long distance trip to Wyoming a week ago. When I took the main slide out the slide caught the vinyl floor. Has anyone had experience getting something like this fixed?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rv floor 2.jpg
Views:	252
Size:	210.4 KB
ID:	17253   Click image for larger version

Name:	rv floor 1.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	149.0 KB
ID:	17254  
maximus216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 11:52 AM   #2
Ddubya

I had mine fixed at my dealer. They have a vinyl repair company do it. I would just find someone that can repair vinyl and have them do it. You need to find out what caused the damage before you repair it. It could be a screw or the slide may be out of adjustment.

Ddubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 11:59 AM   #3
maximus216

how did it look afterwards? I can't find a vinyl repair company that will touch it. They advised it will need a total replacement. I'm not wanting to file a claim with the insurance company.
maximus216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 12:25 PM   #4
seacouger5r

Our 4 month old (owned, 6 months since date of manufacture) Cougar did this. The mid-bunk slide caught the floor and ripped it up.

It's in at the dealer right now. They found that the floor has shifted upward and buckled the wall also. They're talking to Keystone now about what to do next.

seacouger5r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 01:31 PM   #5
Ddubya

The repair looks pretty good. They cut out the torn piece, glued in a replacement and had a hot iron with a pattern in it that fused and blended the new piece with the other vinyl.
I would think most companies that sell vinyl flooring would know someone that does repair.
There are several U Tube videos on the subject.

Ddubya is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
floor