Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 11-14-2017, 07:45 AM   #1
sonofcy

Montana 3810 or 11 thermostats

Does anybody know how the two thermostats are related? Does the thermostat in the MBR only control the MBR heat pump? I get nothing happening when I set it to Furnace (there is NO heat pump setting)
When I set the LR thermostat to Heat Pump air comes out ALL vents in the LR and MBR.
My understanding is that the unit as of 2018 model year comes standard with two heat pumps. They should be individually controlled but I cannot get the MBR to ever turn on in heat mode and the thermostat only has a furnace option not the furnace and heat pump like the LR.
sonofcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 07:46 AM   #2
brad2388

Sounds lime you only have one heat pump in the LR. Both units are blowing air into the same duct work. So you will get air from each unit at each end of the camper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
brad2388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 08:44 AM   #3
fatcatzzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonofcy View Post
Does anybody know how the two thermostats are related? Does the thermostat in the MBR only control the MBR heat pump? I get nothing happening when I set it to Furnace (there is NO heat pump setting)
When I set the LR thermostat to Heat Pump air comes out ALL vents in the LR and MBR.
My understanding is that the unit as of 2018 model year comes standard with two heat pumps. They should be individually controlled but I cannot get the MBR to ever turn on in heat mode and the thermostat only has a furnace option not the furnace and heat pump like the LR.
I have a 17' 3720 and the thermostat in bedroom also does not show the heat pump option. I called Keystone and confirmed that a second heat pump was supposed to be installed and to be controlled by the bedroom t-stat. I was told to take the trailer back to the dealer (they would not take my word for it) to confirm that the heat pump was or wasn't installed. Yesterday I did just that and guess what, NO heat pump on the front ac. Now the ball is in Keystone's court. So dealer is saying ac will be replaced.
I would say check with your dealer. Have them check the build sheet to see if a heat pump was or wasn't installed.
Just my 2 cents
fatcatzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 08:45 AM   #4
brad2388

I too have a 17. But i only have one heat pump. How do i know if im suppose to have twoV

Old 11-14-2017, 09:12 AM   #5
sonofcy

Hopefully, the nearest dealer will do as I am thousands of miles away with no plans to return.
Old 11-14-2017, 09:13 AM   #6
brad2388

Unless it was special ordered with two heat pumps only one come standard. Even the 2018 models. You can find the brochure onlinez

Old 11-14-2017, 09:24 AM   #7
fatcatzzz

Mine was ordered, not bought off the lot.
fatcatzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 09:27 AM   #8
sonofcy

Yes, salesman just admitted he misspoke re two. I don't need two, just wanted to understand what I have and how it worked.
Old 11-14-2017, 09:28 AM   #9
sonofcy

Mine was also ordered/configured from the Keystone site.
Old 11-14-2017, 10:19 AM   #10
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad2388 View Post
I too have a 17. But i only have one heat pump. How do i know if im suppose to have twoV
The question you ask could be interpreted two different ways. If you're asking if your trailer was "built correctly", then look in the owner's packet that came with your trailer. You will find a yellow (unless the color has recently changed) form with a hand written list of components. It will list every major component installed in your trailer by model and serial number. That form is called the "build sheet". On that sheet, you will find the model number of each air conditioner. That is what you were supposed to get. If it's correct, that is the document that supports what was built, if it's not correct (if something else is in place of what's recorded on that sheet) then get with your dealer to discuss who changed what left the factory with what was delivered to you.

If, in your question, you're asking, "I only have one heat pump, how do I get a second heat pump?" I'd suggest you refer, again, to that build sheet. It is the "final word" on how your trailer left the factory. Unless you have additional documents signed by the dealer stating differently, then that sheet reflects accurately and exactly, what is in your trailer as it was sold to you.

Don't rely on a brochure to determine "what you should have received" since every brochure has the statement, "The manufacturer reserves the right to make changes without notice." So, what's published is subject to change without any easy means of recourse while what's on the build sheet is almost always "the final word."

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 10:50 AM   #11
saturn450

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad2388 View Post
Sounds lime you only have one heat pump in the LR. Both units are blowing air into the same duct work. So you will get air from each unit at each end of the camper.

Our 2018 3812 only has one heat pump. In most cases that will be all you need. It would get to hot in the bedroom if you had one in there( texas weather). Bedroom thermostat controls ac in the bedroom only. We only run the LR ac most of the time. We set the bedroom thermostat about two degrees warming than the LR thermostat that way if the LR ac can’t keep up then the bedroom ac will kick on. It’s all vented thru the same air ducts. You will get air through all vents with just one unit running. More air with both AC running.

saturn450 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
montana