Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 06-06-2018, 03:14 PM   #1
Tiger

Docking Lights ?

Hi All,
I'm new here and have a question about the Docking Lights on my 2010 Cougar, I think that's what they are. They are the lights on the front on either side of the mirror. When we purchased the camper the lens (large triangular corrugated and clear) had been removed. I found the lenses inside the camper however there are four screws within the recessed area in a rectangular shape roughly 4-5 inches vertical and 7-8 inches horizontal. The holes where the wiring comes out is in the center on these four screws.
I don't know what is missing there? the wires and bulb sockets were tucked into the shell.
My guess is that must have been some type of fixture under the lenses that the bulb sockets twisted into.
I have had zero luck finding anything online as far as parts or schematics etc.
If someone out there has this model, I was curious if I might get at least a photo of what was there?
Thanks in advance for any help!
Tiger
Old 06-06-2018, 07:07 PM   #2
Mr. B.

Docking Lights

Hi
This is what the docking light assembly looks like on a 2010 Keystone Cougar 276RLS 28' 5th wheel when it was put in upside down -- the weep hole was pointing up. The unit filled with water and the bulb socket badly rusted.

http://members.peak.org/~scooter1/IMG_3695.JPG

I was told that Keystone stopped stocking the GLO-BRITE clear units in 2014?
I found some amber color units with sockets, but no clear ones.

Hope this helps.

PS. If anyone knows where to locate one of these please send me a PM:

Tnx - I am new to the forum.

Mr. B.
Mr. B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 07:16 PM   #3
flybouy
Site Team

Oh, docking lights on either side of a mirror, you mean on the OUTSIDE right? When I first read this I thought the couple from the "Sling" commercials got into camping.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 08:03 PM   #4
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
Hi All,
I'm new here and have a question about the Docking Lights on my 2010 Cougar, I think that's what they are. They are the lights on the front on either side of the mirror. When we purchased the camper the lens (large triangular corrugated and clear) had been removed. I found the lenses inside the camper however there are four screws within the recessed area in a rectangular shape roughly 4-5 inches vertical and 7-8 inches horizontal. The holes where the wiring comes out is in the center on these four screws.
I don't know what is missing there? the wires and bulb sockets were tucked into the shell.
My guess is that must have been some type of fixture under the lenses that the bulb sockets twisted into.
I have had zero luck finding anything online as far as parts or schematics etc.
If someone out there has this model, I was curious if I might get at least a photo of what was there?
Thanks in advance for any help!
Tiger
Tiger. Welcome. Some pictures would help clarify what you're looking for.

Trekwood would be a good source for parts from the past.

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 10:00 PM   #5
Tiger

Docking Lights

Thanks All!
Mr. B that appears to be what I need. The sockets on the end of my wires look just like that, also very corroded. I just need to find a couple of those assemblies now if possible.

Tiger
Old 06-10-2018, 07:21 AM   #6
Mr. B.

Minot - North Dakota? We grew up in South Dakota.

In Eugene, Oregon there is a NorthWest RV Supply - 86325 College View Road. Phone
(541) 746-9092 they have a box full of those. I had to make two trips there and the owner finally found a box full of them hiding on the second floor. If I can help - send a PM
Mr. B. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light, lights