Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 04-05-2015, 05:11 PM   #1
chris199

Hensley Trailersaver BD3 and Blu Ox Bedsaver Combo?

I tried to install but the Blue Ox rails are much wider than the Hensley Trailersaver BD3 hitch.

Anyone have this combo installed? I have submitted pics to Blue Ox but haven't heard back from them in two weeks. Have reached out to them again.

2015 Keystone Montana 3791RD Legacy Edition, MorRyde 4000, Dual pane windows, Goodyear G rated tires.

2013 GMC Sierra 3500HD, Duramax, SLE, SRW, Crew, Hensley Trailer Saver hitch, Blue Ox BedSaver.
chris199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 05:47 PM   #2
rbev2308

Not sure if you have BXR5001 but the weird thing is I find literature saying this is the one for your BD3 but the Blue Ox website listing updated 4/2/15 does not show a compatible one. I just installed the one on my Reese Elite. What a pain in the rear end. Had to remove the hitch, place upside down and drill 6 holes burning up a $22 bit in the process but good insurance policy just in case!!! Good Luck hearing back from them!
US Navy Retired Master Chief Petty Officer
Gryphon the 240lb American Mastiff
rbev2308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 06:14 PM   #3
chris199

Well got it installed tonight. There is no way this Bedsaver was designed for the BD3....maybe it properly fits the larger Hensley 5er hitch.

Had to connect the Bedsaver cross member to the rails. Then slightly attach rail on one side with barely one thread attached. Then went to other side and had to "force" the other rail closer to the hitch to attach one bolt. Then tighten these nolts slightly...then attach 2 other bolts. Use of a hammer and a roll of shop towels between my knee and the rail when "forcing" were not mentioned in the directions. The cross member is clearly 3/8 inch too wide for the BD3.

Could not have done this without the help of a forum member leemedic. His help was invaluable.

2015 Keystone Montana 3791RD Legacy Edition, MorRyde 4000, Dual pane windows, Goodyear G rated tires.

2013 GMC Sierra 3500HD, Duramax, SLE, SRW, Crew, Hensley Trailer Saver hitch, Blue Ox BedSaver.
chris199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 03:23 AM   #4
C130

Have you towed with your BD3 yet? I'm going to pick up a used TS3 today, also has the bedsaver. I was going to buy a Trailair Tri-Glide or its replacement but going to try the TS3 and see how I like it.