Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 03-28-2015, 11:00 AM   #1
pnwham

Jack Knife Sofa

We have a 2014 Montana High Country 293RK with a Jack Knife sofa. We assumed it could be used for sleeping but haven't needed to use if that way yet. We are about to have a couple of grandkids with us on a future trip so went out to see what it would be like to sleep on but I can't figure out how to open the darn thing. Now I wonder if it indeed does open, but then why would they call it a "Jack Knife" sofa?? Can someone fill me in as to if indeed it should open and if so how does it work.

Rich 2014 MHC 293RK pulled by a 2014 Chevy 2500 gas with 4.10 rear end
pnwham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 12:12 PM   #2
lifecamper

On mine I just lift from the bottom and the back goes down. The bottom clicks and releases to make a flat sleeping platform. Same process makes it back into a couch. It does have to be pulled away from the wall so as not to get into a bind when changing it back and forth. Mine is very comfortable to sleep on.
Good Luck.
lifecamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 06:27 PM   #3
orvlin

Same here.
orvlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 07:09 PM   #4
bobbecky

Not sure if ours is the same as yours, but with ours, which uses the air mattress, you remove the two seating cushions, grab hold of the top of the sofa back and pull forward. There are two legs that unfold to support the next hinged section, and the air mattress is folded and stored in a fabric bag.
bobbecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 09:57 AM   #5
pnwham

Smile

Problem solved! There were 2 metal straps (one on each end) well hidden by the cushions, meant to never let it open and were never removed by our dealer. I cut them and now it works as advertised. Thanks for the help, I was really wondering if I actually had a "Jack Knife" sofa or not.

Rich - 2014 Montana High Country 293RK
pnwham is offline   Reply With Quote