Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Odds 'n Ends
Click Here to Login

Old 01-28-2019, 03:23 PM   #1
mskeyspirate

Camper Specs ?????

Looking for something that I'm betting that even here......with all the knowledge in the world. I wonder where a person gets complete specs on the unit ? I know the size, color, length and all that. But now I have to match some wood for a piece of trim I messed up. So I'm looking for everything..wood color, step width, light lumens, you know....everything. Any ideas ?
mskeyspirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 04:08 PM   #2
notanlines

Those in the know could tell you the wood color all day long, but the only way you will match it is ti have a legitimate paint store match the stain to the piece of wood you bring them. As an example, over the years we have had to match birch doors on a lease space of three floors of offices to prefinished "cherry" office furniture. We usually furnished the stain supplier a side-light cutout of an average door along with a side panel of one of the pieces of furniture. The wood trim in your RV is not finished with materials you have at your disposal. Let Sherwin-Williams be your problem solver for this part of your little dilemma.
I'm afraid I'm a lost ball in high weeds when it comes to telling you the brand of your counter tops or the distance floor to lip of your Dometic commode....
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 05:06 PM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

Jim is very VERY correct !!! Just the solar fade on materials in the trailer will make a "new, identical part" appear to be a different color. Finding "matches" for a 4 or 5 year old trailer is going to be hit and miss, even if the material in the correct color is available, but chances are there's not any replacement paneling, trim or cabinetry available.

One place you can get manufacturers names, color options and part numbers/style information is on the trekwood.com site. You can search your trailer by manufacturer, brand, year and "area of interest" (kitchen, cabinets, plastic, molding etc) and often find a supplier's description of color or style.

You might also find a Keystone brochure to download on the KeystoneRV.com website. Often the brochures will give the "décor color option" and that may help you locate more information on your search.

I say, "on your search" because it's all going to be "hit and miss" as you try to piece information together to reach some sort of "logical conclusion". To my knowledge, there is no "master index" available that would give you the information you're seeking. Not even at Keystone, or at least not available to the public at Keystone.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 05:38 PM   #4
CrazyCain

Been in the coatings business for 42+ years and have color matched pretty much any coating on any substrate from commercial, home and automotive interior and exterior... When it comes to stain, the type of wood makes a big difference on how the color is matched ya know. Jim hit the nail on the head, ask Sherwin Williams!!!Lets roll, er brush or spray or get it.....

2011 Chevy Silverado
1500, HD Tow Package
2017 Keystone Hideout 177LHS Carlisle Radial HDs
:
CrazyCain is offline   Reply With Quote