Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-06-2018, 08:52 AM   #14
Miles65

The more I get into the logistics and cost of this driveway installation, the less I'm inclined to go for it. That being the case. let me ask another question, here: Since the only part of the run where I lose traction, in the mud, is the last 50' of the back-up, do you think I can simply put tire chains on one of my trucks and make a go of it? The incline is probably about 10º. I would tow my RV to a campsite with my nice, new F-150, then, on my return, drop it in the street, hook up my Ram 2500 Diesel, with chains on the rear tires, and back it in. Yeah, lots of hassle, to be sure, but it will save me a bundle of cash and mega-hours of driveway work. Weigh in, if you feel like it. Thanks! (I don't like using my 2500 for vacations since it's my work truck, and looks it. I also wouldn't want to drive all over the place with chains. That being the case, I'd install the chains on the 2500 before I left for camping, so it'd be ready when I got back, if I needed it.)
Miles65 is offline   Reply With Quote