Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Towing
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-21-2018, 09:35 PM   #28
Tufelhunden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingerdinger View Post
Hankster, did I read that the dealer installed a 1,200 lb (I assume 12,000 lb gross) rated Weight Distribution hitch? I'd like to get other's opinion on this, but that seems like overkill.
Do you know the tongue weight?
I pull a Crossroads 26ft, 6500 lbs, 600 lb tongue, with my F-150. I use the hitch that the previous owner sold me with the TT, and it is 600/6000 lb hitch. I have bags, and keep the pressure at 25-30 pounds. When I first got the trailer, my bags were not working for the first few trips, and I had no problems, no sway, no dip. It rides level and smooth, and frankly better than I expected.
I would think that yours would buck like a bull.
Others Thoughts?
I just saw a video on e trailer and there guy recommends at most a one class jump on equalizer hitches. They range about they 200 pounds for the equalizer hitch I have. 600 max, 800 max, 1000 max, etc. If your trailer only had 600 or even 800 pounds on the tongue I'd bet 1200 pound bars will ride really rough as the bars aren't getting into their "normal" range of use. Think adding f350 shocks onto a ford ranger. You might be able to do it, but it probably would ride like you didn't have shocks.
Tufelhunden is offline   Reply With Quote