Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 08-12-2015, 05:12 AM   #1
Lrdchaos

Anyone own the cougar 336bhs?

Looking for info on the 336bhs. Likes, dislikes, wants? Thanks in advance.
Lrdchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 06:08 AM   #2
omextreme

I have one on order, picking up sep 3rd.... I found a guy on reddit who has one only thing he said so far that he doesnt like is that he cannot reach the top vent fan and is changing it to a remote version.

We cannot wait for ours, looked at 5 or so different 336bhs units before we special ordered.

We went with this floorplan for several reasons.
Tv directly across from couch
COUNTER SPACE!!!
Massive pantry
Opposing slides
Bunkhouse (only feature we actually needed)
Outdoor kitchen

My only wish was for an additional 1/2 bath. The 339 has 1.5 baths but the kitchen takes a hit..

Only thing we have left to decide is the hitch for our ram 6.5 bed truck. Leaning towards anderson ultimate but may go autoslider to be safe.... too may decisions.
omextreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 04:17 PM   #3
cant_remember_ID

Quote:
Originally Posted by omextreme View Post
I have one on order, picking up sep 3rd.... I found a guy on reddit who has one only thing he said so far that he doesnt like is that he cannot reach the top vent fan and is changing it to a remote version.

We cannot wait for ours, looked at 5 or so different 336bhs units before we special ordered.

We went with this floorplan for several reasons.
Tv directly across from couch
COUNTER SPACE!!!
Massive pantry
Opposing slides
Bunkhouse (only feature we actually needed)
Outdoor kitchen

My only wish was for an additional 1/2 bath. The 339 has 1.5 baths but the kitchen takes a hit..

Only thing we have left to decide is the hitch for our ram 6.5 bed truck. Leaning towards anderson ultimate but may go autoslider to be safe.... too may decisions.
I pick mine up on the 28th. The DW fell in love with one that was sold, got lucky one day on the lot and grabbed it from someone else that came in after us. Can't wait to spend some time with it.

Considered the Anderson hitch too, but went with the B&W Companion. Tough decision though.
cant_remember_ID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 04:59 PM   #4
omextreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by cant_remember_ID View Post

Considered the Anderson hitch too, but went with the B&W Companion . Tough decision though.
Too funny, I lost so much productivity at work debating the same 2 hitches (gave up on the autoslider, would have been too tall with the puck adapter). Ordered the ultimate last night from amazon....

We will have to compare notes after the first few outings.

I have already started ordering "stuff" for mine. Ordered a Bills Bumper Q mount for it this morning...
omextreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 06:23 AM   #5
cant_remember_ID

Quote:
Originally Posted by omextreme View Post
Too funny, I lost so much productivity at work debating the same 2 hitches (gave up on the autoslider, would have been too tall with the puck adapter). Ordered the ultimate last night from amazon....

We will have to compare notes after the first few outings.

I have already started ordering "stuff" for mine. Ordered a Bills Bumper Q mount for it this morning...
You sound like me, spending way too much time thinking about all this.

Installed the B&W the other day. That is a nice piece of metal, but holy cow it is heavy! A few more times getting that hitch in and out of the truck, I may have wished I went with the Anderson. I may change my mind when I actually tow something with it.
Old 08-30-2015, 05:21 PM   #6
cant_remember_ID

First trip

We picked up our 336BHS on Friday. So far so good. I'll post my own thread with the details.
Old 02-22-2016, 07:40 PM   #7
Weber

Love all the things Nellie said. We added a second ac unit to the front bedroom and added some sway bars to the front legs. We bought our camper last year and love every bit of it. Yes walk around it and be diligent. We were not and had to make a trip back to the dealer to get some things "repaired" that we missed during the walk around. Simple things like a screw in the trim around the wheels. One of the biggest things we found out is the outside kitchen sink does not drain into a "tank" it is just a tube. We use a 42gallon wheel tote to drain it into while camping and we empty it when needed. We use our outside kitchen a lot and wash dishes out there so it was a big thing they did not tell us. Keystone told me it is for when you have full hookups at the camp site. My dealer told me it was to empty the rear grey tank.
The camper is top notch in our book. This is our first fifth wheel and I love pulling it. So much nicer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-22-2016, 08:11 PM   #8
nellie1289

The lack of a tank on the back sink threw me for a loop too. thankfully I was busy practicing in the driveway when I noticed this lol.
2021 Malibu 23 LSV
2017 Yamaha YXZ1000R SS SE
2019 Can AM Maverick X3 Turbo XRS
nellie1289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 04:03 AM   #9
GADuv

Thanks you all for the great information. This model seems to fit our families needs the best out of all the units we have looked at. I will be making an offer on one this week and hopefully everything will work out!
GADuv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 10:00 AM   #10
Cabindweller

I had read a little about the outdoor sink draining situation and assumed I would just figure it out. Since it's come up here... Does it drain out of the rear most grey water outlet or is it a separate outlet all together that just dumps under the trailer?

Thanks guys!

2017 F350 SuperDuty - Lariat, Crew Cab, PowerStroke, SRW, 4x4
Cabindweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 10:22 AM   #11
nellie1289

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabindweller View Post
I had read a little about the outdoor sink draining situation and assumed I would just figure it out. Since it's come up here... Does it drain out of the rear most grey water outlet or is it a separate outlet all together that just dumps under the trailer?

Thanks guys!
it drains out of the rear most drainage pipe, and is the only thing that comes out of that pipe, no other grey tanks feed to it. Basically its just a pipe from your sink to the ground, lol
2021 Malibu 23 LSV
Old 02-23-2016, 05:10 PM   #12
Weber

Anyone own the cougar 336bhs?

It has two. One that runs front to back under the galley sink island and another that runs left to right near the front of the camper for the shower and bathroom sink.
Both exit in the same spot under the command center in the front.
38 gallons each

Old 02-23-2016, 05:15 PM   #13
nellie1289

Yes, there are two tanks, and they drain from the front tube, which makes for a nice chaser of your black tank. the front grey tank release valve is is in the front hatch, the second one for the galley sink is right where the pipe comes out, just about 1 foot back from the end at the "Y".

PS. it is great to see so many 336bhs owners/future owners on here now!
2021 Malibu 23 LSV
Old 02-23-2016, 05:42 PM   #14
Cabindweller

Perfect, thanks guys!

I'm excited to be here. Just waiting for the call saying that my trailer has arrived and is ready to be picked up... Patience is not my strong point.

2017 F350 SuperDuty - Lariat, Crew Cab, PowerStroke, SRW, 4x4
Cabindweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 05:52 PM   #15
nellie1289

So while we are the topic, is anyone having this problem on their awning. this is mine what looks like its ungluing from the side of coach...... time for another warranty visit apparently. another 336bhs in my storage area has a similar issue. I have noticed this a while ago, but ...... need to get it in. Mine is under cover at all times when not in use. this picture is looking up....

2021 Malibu 23 LSV
Old 02-23-2016, 06:26 PM   #16
JRTJH
Site Team

nellie1289,

The awning rail is separating from the trailer. It may be "under cover" most of the time, but if you look at the way the awning is stowed, you'll see that it forms a "funnel" on top of the awning that would dump any water, condensation or dew collected on the top of the rolled up awning back onto the awning rail. With the separation, that water would channel right into the interior wall of your trailer and possibly find its way down the inside surface of the wall damaging the wall and possibly the floor.

This type of damage is probably one of the more common causes of water damage in most RV's.

Call your dealer and schedule repair. If I were you, I wouldn't use the RV if there's any chance of exposure to rain or even heavy morning dew. Keep it "under cover" until it's repaired.....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 05:11 PM   #17
shortedout96

If it is like my awning on my sprinter it was install incorrectly. Where it is attached to the side of the unit is too low compared to where the arms are attached so when retracted and retracted to far it pulls it away from the unit.

shortedout96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 05:43 PM   #18
nellie1289

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortedout96 View Post
If it is like my awning on my sprinter it was install incorrectly. Where it is attached to the side of the unit is too low compared to where the arms are attached so when retracted and retracted to far it pulls it away from the unit.

was yours repaired well and no issues since?
2021 Malibu 23 LSV
Old 02-27-2016, 10:42 AM   #19
Weber

I made a big deal out of the fact that the guy that sold me the camper told me it had a tank when in fact it did not. So the dealer gave me the spare wheel tank for mine. Yes it is a bit of a pain to have another tank there but it is nice when you take lots of showers and need to empty the grey tank mid camp. Keystone said there is no room for another tank under the camper and running the drain to the mid camper tank was not an option.

Old 03-01-2016, 03:56 PM   #20
Weber

We tow ours with a 2012 ram 2500 diesel. Love it. We opted for the second ac unite as well.
We also have the couch combo in the living room. This camper is so nice I can not say enough about it. We have several trips planned this season can't wait.
Welcome to the group, I am very new to the forums as well and there is a wealth of knowledge here.
Happy camping.