Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 10-04-2018, 07:36 PM   #1
shermris

Slide pulley pulled out of the wall

Anybody else had trouble with slide pulley mountings failing? My front pulley pulled away from it's mounting the after the fourth use. I noticed it at the campground because rainwater was coming in around the front of the slide. The unit was still under warranty so I brought my Bullet to the dealer for repair. The dealer stated the cause of the failure was due to improper securing. They secured the pulleys using a "larger stronger screw" and pressure tested the slide seal. Now after a summer of about 10 cycles the pulley is again falling off. Now I'm dealing with a manufactures improper securing and a dealer improper repair. It's bad enough that I don't dare open the slide at all. I'm wondering how many times the pulley can be remounted before there is nothing left to hold larger screws. Has anyone had successful slide pulley repairs? I can't get the Bullet in for service until the end of the month, but I'm not overly optimistic about repair if the solution is the same as last time.
shermris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 02:30 AM   #2
slow

There was a recent thread on the same topic. My solution and link to photos are provided in the 3rd post in this thread: http://www.keystoneforums.com/forums...ighlight=slide
Reese 5th Airborne (bagged) Pin Box
RoadMaster Shock Kit
X-Factor Cross Bracing
slow is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
led, slide