Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 03-16-2018, 02:12 PM   #1
idahoflyguy

queen to Murphy bed conversion passport 195

HI all, I have a 2016 Passport Ultra Lite 195 with a standard queen bed. I am interested in converting to the Murphy style bed. Does anyone know how to make that happen? Any RV salvage places? Via factory to order parts?

thanks! David
idahoflyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 03:06 PM   #2
bobbecky

I am not sure what your floor to ceiling height is in your rig's bedroom, but a standard queen mattress is 80 inches long, which is just shy of 7 feet. There will also be hardware and other things that will add to that measurement. Is your ceiling high enough to make this work?
bobbecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 03:25 PM   #3
idahoflyguy

My model came with either a Murphy style bed or the standard queen. Mine has the queen. I am hoping someone knows how to go about getting the Keystone Passport murphy bed set up from the factory or maybe a place that deals in wrecked or damaged RV's. That style had a folding mattress, etc. Thanks, D
idahoflyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 05:30 PM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

You can order the parts from Trekwood. They won't be cheap, it may be more realistic to find a trailer with the bed you want, take measurements and build it yourself. Try http://www.trekwood.com/

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 06:32 AM   #5
LFord

Quote:
Originally Posted by idahoflyguy View Post
HI all, I have a 2016 Passport Ultra Lite 195 with a standard queen bed. I am interested in converting to the Murphy style bed. Does anyone know how to make that happen? Any RV salvage places? Via factory to order parts?

thanks! David
"Standard queen bed" or the RV standard queen bed? Not the same size, length. A standard "household" queen bed is 60" x 80". An RV queen is 60" x 75".
LFord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 08:50 AM   #6
linux3

Humm, this is interesting. My 195RB, also a 2016 has the Old style Murphy bed. The couch folds down flat and a board, when unlatched, folds down. The mattress is a tri fold that stores in the space between the bedboard and the front of the TT. BTW, we find the mattress very comfy.
New style 195RB's have a full mattress that extends into the basement (and blocks it, way less storage).
I didn't know the TT came with a fixed bed. I think it's a West Coast floor plan.
This is like mine.
https://www.rvtrader.com/listing/201...5RB-5001727393
To install the current style Murphy bed would be a major project.
Remove overhead storage. Cut up floor and reconfigure basement.
The 2016 and PRE style would require the latches, trifold mattress, couch and couch base, and a fold down bed board. Do able.
2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71 6.2L
linux3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed, passport