Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 03-17-2018, 10:51 AM   #1
waltheraustin

2 grey check buttons but one grey release valve

First trip and or 5 new to us hideout 27dbs. One grey is showing full but the other is empty. Are there 2 tanks connected? With one release valve? Wondering if I need to go dump or wait for you other to fill up. 2015 hideout 27dbs

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
waltheraustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 11:26 AM   #2
rhagfo

You have two tanks with separate dump valves, look towards the rear of the trailer or between the tires.
Visit and enjoy Oregon State Parks
rhagfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 11:28 AM   #3
waltheraustin

This? I thought it was a relief for the water in the system. I don't see another valve

Old 03-17-2018, 11:47 AM   #4
rhagfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by waltheraustin View Post
This? I thought it was a relief for the water in the system. I don't see another valve

No,’that is a fresh water drain, look on the same side as the rest of the drains.
Visit and enjoy Oregon State Parks
rhagfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 01:00 PM   #5
waltheraustin

I know the previous did some drain stuff but I don't see any other drain besides the cold and hot drain. I drained it and that was the one that was full. Ill do some research to see how the other tank gets water in out

Old 03-17-2018, 01:31 PM   #6
RETAFCHIEF

If KEYSTONE READS THESE FORUMS they should clarify the gray tank issues. I have the same thing as others do with two tanks and one valve. The dealers don't know, as I had them scratching their heads. I emailed Keystone and was told there are two tanks and one valve. I went under my 32RLI from one end to the other and there are no other valves. The tanks must be connected together. As far as the panel indication, it could be the empty tank light will always be lit on one tank. I'll test mine on an upcoming trip and post the results.
RETAFCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 01:45 PM   #7
travelin texans

I wouldn't rely on the sensor lights, they usually are so inaccurate that they are totally useless. I have 4 indicator lights, 2 grey, 1 black, fresh water, the fresh water may be close, but the others have read 1/3 on 1 of the greys & 2/3 on the other grey & black since it was towed off the lot brand new, I don't even look at them anymore.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 02:14 PM   #8
RETAFCHIEF

My last trailer, a Flagstaff had two gray and one black tank, all with valves. The panel was always good for fresh and gray tanks, but 1/3 high for the black tank. I ran the tank flusher and added various cleaners, but learned to live with it for four years. A 42 gallon Blue Barker helped as a back up.
Old 03-17-2018, 02:45 PM   #9
waltheraustin

Quote:
Originally Posted by RETAFCHIEF View Post
If KEYSTONE READS THESE FORUMS they should clarify the gray tank issues. I have the same thing as others do with two tanks and one valve. The dealers don't know, as I had them scratching their heads. I emailed Keystone and was told there are two tanks and one valve. I went under my 32RLI from one end to the other and there are no other valves. The tanks must be connected together. As far as the panel indication, it could be the empty tank light will always be lit on one tank. I'll test mine on an upcoming trip and post the results.
I felt think a fool not being able to find it

Old 03-17-2018, 04:14 PM   #10
rogeru

Our 2015 302RLS Sprinter also has two sensors but only one drain.... I have no idea why they created something like this, but we haven't ever had a problem in the 3 yrs. we've used it.
rogeru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 01:58 AM   #11
BobbyB

27DBS only has one grey tank. The panel is generic, so the #2 grey button is not actually connected to a tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BobbyB

2014 Keystone Hideout 27DBS
2010 Toyota Tundra
BobbyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 02:53 AM   #12
notanlines

Exactly what Bobby said. You only have one grey tank, 39 gallons.
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 03:01 AM   #13
DocP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RETAFCHIEF View Post
I just picked up my 2018 Cougar 32RLI 2 days ago, and there are 2 gray tanks and 2 valves. During the walk-through, I made the dealer hunt around with me under the trailer until we located both of the gray water valves. One of the valves was really tucked up there and would be easy to miss if you didn't know to look for it.

With my previous class A motorhome, Thor was good about sending out the plumbing and electrical schematics for their units. Since Keystone is a Thor subsidiary, I thought that they would do the same. Unfortunately, when I requested the schematics from Keystone, they told me that they don't provide that information to the end-user.
DocP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 04:43 AM   #14
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

Just a note for others: to our knowledge, there are NO KEYSTONE employees on this forum. If there are, they are silent. Posting messages to get THEIR attention ain't gonna work. This forum, as stated on the bottom of each web page has no connection to or with Keystone.

That said, doing a search for single waste valve, how many tanks, etc. will yield a lot of reading.

Also, the waste tank valves amd discharge are on the drivers side of the trailer.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 06:55 AM   #15
RETAFCHIEF

Keystone is talking out of both sides of their mouth. Here is the complete email about valves and trim strips they sent me. "Good Afternoon Mr. Carter,

Thank you for contacting Keystone RV. Your Cougar has one valve to pull to empty both gray tanks. For wall trim or any other replacement part, you will need to contact your dealer to check on availability and pricing. Let me know if you have additional questions. Have a great day!

Thank you,

Jeannene Jenks
Retail Advisor
Keystone, Dutchmen and Crossroads RV
Old 03-18-2018, 06:57 AM   #16
RETAFCHIEF

Additional note. The gray valve stickers are next to the black water sticker, but are stacked one above the other. This implies there is no other location.
Old 03-18-2018, 07:48 AM   #17
notanlines

These are the spec's for a "27DBS"

Ext Width 8 ft
Ext Height 11 ft
Int Height 7 ft
Interior Color Maplecrest
Hitch Weight 865 lbs
Dry Weight 6505 lbs
Cargo Weight 1360 lbs
Fresh Water Capacity 45 gals
Grey Water Capacity 38 gals
Black Water Capacity 32 gals
Tire Size ST205/75R14C
Furnace BTU 30000 btu
There is only one grey tank and only one grey tank drain handle.
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 08:02 AM   #18
RETAFCHIEF

Keystone should furnish an X-Ray of each unit to eliminate any doubt. Some have one tank, some have two with one valve, and who knows what else.
Old 03-18-2018, 08:18 AM   #19
JRTJH
Site Team

This thread is turning into a "trash someone (Keystone) who isn't listening, hasn't listened and likely won't listen in the future.....

Keystone does not monitor this forum (in any official capacity) and if (NOTE THE EMPHASIS ON IF) anyone from Keystone does monitor this forum unofficially, they have NEVER (again, not the emphasis on NEVER) posted any response to any complaint, suggestion or praise offered in any post.

If there is a need to contact Keystone or to communicate suggestions, ideas, criticism of their business, please contact them directly, this forum is not a "third party communication system to the company" and every member's attempt to contact Keystone via this forum has failed......

That said, I've found in my limited time on this forum that most "extremely frustrated new owners" have found through familiarization with their RV that it isn't an aberrant build, but just that they simply didn't see the other valve handle when they looked under their trailer while being emotionally "Pi**ed" at Keystone for screwing them out of a valve.....

I'd urge everyone to take a deep breath, try to smile, stop blaming everyone but ourselves and realize that this forum is not a direct link to Keystone RV Manufacturing Company.

As for blame, if you can't find your dump valve, it's not the factory's fault, that is between you, your dealer and the guy that showed you where the other two dump valves were located. He (not Keystone) let you down by not pointing to #3 as he did with #1 and #2 valve handles...... As for one valve with two tanks, if that is how your RV was built (I haven't seen one built that way yet) you'll know for sure as soon as both tanks are full and you pull the valve. If only one empties, you'll know that the response from Keystone isn't correct, if both tanks empty, then you'll know that the response was "spot on"....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 08:48 AM   #20
jsmith948

Let's try to think this through.
Why would two grey tanks be plumbed into one discharge valve?
This would mean the plumbing that connects the tanks upstream of the valve would have the potential to leak. That is why you will always find the discharge valve mounted onto the tank. If you have one valve, you have one tank.
Another clue is your listed grey water capacity. If you have two grey tanks, your grey water capacity would be up around 60 or more gallons.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Jack & Marty
2018 Laredo 298 SRL
2011 F-250 SB Crew Cab 4x4 6.7L
jsmith948 is offline   Reply With Quote