Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 01-09-2019, 04:41 PM   #1
Mary'sMan19

Intermittent electrical issues

I have a 2017 High Country model 352RL. About 2 weeks ago I started having intermittent issues with my electrical system. In the middle of the night my electrical outlets in the bedroom stopped working. The lights still work as well as the AC. The GFCI in the bathroom was not working as well as outlets in the island by the kitchen. The TV still had power as well as the Microwave. All breakers and fuses were fine and the GFCI was not tripped. about 10 minutes the outlets started working again. last night they literally turned off and on every 10 seconds for 6 times hen worked fine the rest of the night. The last two days the AC and ceiling fan stop working for 5 to 10 minutes then turn back on by themselves and work normal. I thought it was maybe a bad GFCI in the bathroom but with the addition of the Fan and AC randomly turning off then back on, I have no idea. I bought the trailer brand new 18 months ago and my wife and I live in it full time. HELP!!!!
Mary'sMan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 05:12 PM   #2
xrated

I would start at the breaker panel in the trailer and check for a loose connection at the neutral....where the incoming wire is terminated at the neutral buss.

CAUTION.....make sure that you turn off the breaker(s) at the campground pedestal AND disconnect your cord that plugs into it. DO NOT start the generator either...if you have one. If you have an inverter, make sure that it is also disconnected from the battery source

Once that is done, remove the cover from the breaker box and check the wire that feeds the neutral buss to make sure it is not loose in the connector. Hopefully, that is as far as you will need to go to find your solution, but if it's not, report back and tell us.
Excessive payload capacity is a wonderful thing

"If it ain't Fast....It ain't Fun"
xrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 05:19 PM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

It sounds like you either have a loose electrical connection on one of the power center lugs, a loose connection on one of the circuit breakers, a loose connection in one of the outlet spade connectors and/or a loose/frayed connection in the shore power cord. I would also ask your wife to stay inside and watch while you "jiggle" the shore power/campground plug connection to rule out a loose wire in the plug and then "jiggle" the connector where the shore power cable connects to the trailer. They are probably OK, but worth checking.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 05:22 PM   #4
sourdough
Site Team

Agree ^^^^. Look for a loose connection. Having DW watch while you "wiggle" stuff will help you narrow it down. When looking for a loose connection it's OK to do it hot if you are just "wiggling stuff", if you decide to open something up - "pull the plug" so you don't get an unwanted "tingling" surprise.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electrical