Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 12-02-2018, 09:49 AM   #21
mikef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan X View Post
Mikef-the USB outlets I installed have a led light to indicate it’s receiving power. That light creates a small parasitic draw on the battery. I installed a power switch in line before the USB port so i can turn off the power to the port when I’m not using it and I eliminate the unnecessary battery draw. I just wanted to mention this Incase you have a similar situation.
Your solution is perfect for me. I plan on attempting to do the same. Like the shut off switch as well. Nice job and thanks.
mikef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 09:51 AM   #22
Thoremilly

Look not the outlet cover plates that them built in
Thoremilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 07:54 AM   #23
CampNBrew2

With the combination 120v/USB receptacles, will you still have USB port power when the trailer is not plugged in? This would require a 12VDC connection to the receptacle as well, which I don't believe is there. Therefore your USB ports only work when the trailer has 120VAC. This is fine if you always have hookups, but wont work for me since we dry camp.

Better to run a line from the stereo as mentioned or direct from the battery. Always use a fuse at the battery if running a new wire!
CampNBrew2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 08:16 AM   #24
Logan X

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikef View Post
Your solution is perfect for me. I plan on attempting to do the same. Like the shut off switch as well. Nice job and thanks.
Good. I’m glad I could help out!
Logan X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 08:34 AM   #25
bustersdaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikef View Post
True, hadn't considered the switch. It is so easily accessed. I'll have to look on the underside for a better option. Thanks.
I tapped into the feed for the radio, mainly I could hide the plug by the TV.and it was convenient to use for everybody.
bustersdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 11:04 AM   #26
Wingerdinger

In case you didn't consider it, if you use a light circuit, you'll want one that isn't on a switch of course.
We have reading lights that were easy to tap into, and near where we wanted the USB port outlet.
Wingerdinger is offline   Reply With Quote