Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 02-28-2010, 05:00 PM   #1
suuntoCore

Where's my inverter?

I have an '07 Montana 3400RL and was looking for the converter on it. Does anyone know where they hide them?
Old 02-28-2010, 06:08 PM   #2
hankpage
Site Team

Your CONVERTER (120v ac to 12v dc) is part of your fuse and circuit breaker panel. An INVERTER (12v dc to 120v ac ) is usually added as an after-market item and is located as close to the battery compartment as possible. Hope this helps, Hank
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 04:57 AM   #3
suuntoCore

Thanks for clarifying this for me, I did mean converter. My fuse's are high up in the wall in the bath room. I don't see where the converter would be their. In my last trailer it was next to my furnace and easy to get to.
Old 03-01-2010, 02:19 PM   #4
hankpage
Site Team

From what I can find out if you have an 80 amp Xantrex™ XADC converter it may be installed with a separate fuse and breaker panel. The converter/charger is designed for floor mounting but it does require adequate ventilation. Look for grill work down low and listen for the hum of the converter and the cooling fan while using several 12v lights. I would think that it is close to the circuit panel. You may have better luck on a forum for Montana's only if this does not help. This link may help. http://www.montanaowners.com/
http://www.montanaowners.com/
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote