Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 02-20-2018, 04:09 AM   #1
Pbtman

Led tv reliability.

I have a new Keystone Outback 250urs. This unit came with a 24” Furrion tv mounted on a swing-out wall mount for the bedroom slide/living room area. It can also be removed and taken outside if so desired.
I would like to take this 24” off and put it up in the bunk area for the grandkids and put a 32” led tv back in the bedroom area on the swivel system. (I’ve purchased the extra wall bracket to install on the wall in the bunk area)
How well are brands other than Furrion holding up in the vibrations and shaking in the travel trailers? (Vizio,Samsung, etc). Best Buy, Walmart and Sam’s Club also has some brands that I’m not familiar with.
I do so apologize if this has been asked numerous times. I did a quick search.
2012 Ram 1500 4x4 Longhorn Edition
Pbtman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 04:13 AM   #2
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

I have a 32 inch LG in my garage. It has done fine through 2 seasons and about 10k miles.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 04:24 AM   #3
Dave W

We have a 32" Vizio in our 5er that has survived since 2014 and 22,000 bumpy US highway miles with no problem. We also have two in the S&B that are doing well. I do strap the RV TV in place with two long Velcro straps I made up to cut down on the worst of the bouncing on the bracket. As far as Samsung products, they, IMHO, have gone the way of the gooney bird. So far in the past 5-6 years have failed two TVs, a washer is on its way to the recycle bin and a big $$ fridge has a compressor rattle.Then the fact that their warranty and customer service have been useless puts them on our 'no buy' list. Our luck with SONY is even worse.
Dave W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 06:19 AM   #4
Ductape

Our '15 Bullet came with a 32" Sansui .... possibly not the most popular brand TV in the world. It has held up well traveling the northeast for three seasons. At first, I put the strap on it when we traveled, then after forgetting a couple times with no negative results... I haven't bothered strapping it for the past couple years. Back in 2015 I also added a 32" TCL Roku TV in the master bedroom, and it has also worked flawlessly. It was maybe $125 at WM. I used an inexpensive wall mount from WM, and no straps or anything to secure it.

For the record, it gets awfully cold here in NH in the winter. I do not remove the televisions when we park it for the winter. No problems at all.

Seems to me even an inexpensive TV will hold up just fine in a travel trailer.
Ductape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 07:49 AM   #5
Pbtman

Great, great replies, gang. This eases my mind quite a bit. I looked at the swivel tilting gizmo that the Furrion is mounted to the wall on. It says that it can be taken outside. There’s already a bracket mounted to the side of the trailer. This looked like a big pain-in-the-uh,huh to me. I decided to get the straight on/off slide bracket and mount 24” in the kids area. It will be the one I take outside. Once I mount the 32” to that swivel gizmo, that’s where it’ll stay. Never ending, is it?
You all are awesome. Thanks.
2012 Ram 1500 4x4 Longhorn Edition
Pbtman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 11:04 AM   #6
hankpage
Site Team

Brand of tv does not matter much, it is the weight and mounting hole location that is critical. We have a 32" Sony in the livingroom and 24" Samsung in the bedroom. A smaller, lighter tv may only need a mount with "VESA 100 x 100" mounting holes but a larger, heavier set may require "VESA 200 x 200 or larger". Get your tv first, making sure there is room and then get the mount to match. Our sets have been bouncing down our wonderful highway system since '07 without a hick-up so yours should be fine also. JM2¢, Hank
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 05:04 PM   #7
cpaulsen

We have a 40" Vizeo in the bedroom and have no problems.
cpaulsen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
led