Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 04-13-2011, 05:40 PM   #1
rfinley

Checking in....

Have been lurking for a while, thought it was time to say hello. We just brought home our 3220BH. Spent ~8 hrs at the dealer doing the PDI. Thanks to the check lists it went very well. Found a few issues that were taken care of before we started home. Thanks for all the good advice found in this forum, it really helped with the PDI.

So here it is, didn't look that big at the dealer, but it seems to be bigger parked along side of the garage !!

rfinley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 05:59 PM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

Looks like you just have enough room to squeeze it in! Welcome to the group and pleased that the advice and the PDI you found on the forum helpful during your purchase.
Old 04-14-2011, 04:27 AM   #3
ksfis43

Welcome!!!
I just got a 280BH 2 weeks ago, I'm curious what issues you found in your pdi as compared to what I have found.
Scott
ksfis43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 06:35 AM   #4
rfinley

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksfis43 View Post
Welcome!!!
I just got a 280BH 2 weeks ago, I'm curious what issues you found in your pdi as compared to what I have found.
Scott
Sealant cracks in the upper corners of both slides, mattress cover stitching pulled loose (open), locking pin for the TV swivel missing. All small stuff, major system (AC, Heat, Refrigerator, water, etc ) all functioned fine.

Where is your switch located for the main interior lights as you walk in the door in your Passport ??
In this one it is in the convenience panel with the slide, awning, and stabilizer switches. You have to open the panel door and they are mounted way up in the upper righthand corner. I think it will be relocated as my first modification....
Old 04-14-2011, 06:53 AM   #5
ksfis43

Yup thats where mine is too!
There is no way my 7 yr old son can reach that.
Let me know what you do!
Your stabilizer switches are in there too? Mine are outside right above the stabilizers.
I was also dissapointed that the main living area vent does not have a fan, and it doesnt look like there is power there to add one.

I found nothing major on mine either:
Check your shower wall, mine is puling away where it meets up with the tub, they used double sided foam tape to hold it in place and it is coming apart?
Also, my outside compartments leak. I notified my dealer and they are going to takecare of everything after my first outing at the begining of May.
I figured I may find some other problems once I get it out.
ksfis43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 07:48 AM   #6
rfinley

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksfis43 View Post
Welcome!!!
Scott
Well just got back from our first week camping. Two things went awry. First was the rear stabilizer. Went half way down and stopped. Cranked in down manually. Found the switch and the spade connections severely corroded. I have new ones ordered and will repair myself http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001PNHB9O

Second was the TV will not work off the antenna. Found no DC voltage up at the amplifier on the antenna. Run a coaxial out the bedroom window and connected to the Winegard wall plate splitter/controller to the antenna amplifier and son of a gun, it works. I think I'll let the dealer handle this repair !!!

That being said, we enjoyed our first week in our new camper. A week from today off on our next trip !!
Old 02-01-2017, 11:33 AM   #7
rfinley

2011 now 2017

Well seems like yesterday I checked in when we picked up our Passport 3220BH. She served us well for 6 years. We replaced tires, serviced bearings and brakes, and did a lot of waxing !! We knew the day would come when we would no longer need a bunk house, and it is kind of sad but the Grand Kids are on to bigger and better things !! So I'll be still checking in from time to time but I am following the happenings over at the Grand Design Forums. Thanks for all the help !!

So this was 2011...

And this is our new baby in 2017
Old 02-01-2017, 04:03 PM   #8
66joej

Good luck! That Reflection is a very nice TT.

2018 Ram 3500 6.4 Harvest Edition
2018 Cougar 27RESWE
66joej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 04:37 PM   #9
Tbos

Have fun and enjoy your new toy.

2016 Passport GT 2810BHS, 2014 Silverado 1500 LT in Deep Forest Green
Tbos is offline   Reply With Quote