Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 04-17-2015, 07:10 PM   #1
Sarvi

New Keystone owner

I recently purchased a 2010 Keystone Sprinter 29BHS, and I love it! I'm towing it with a 2001 Ford Excursion 7.3 ltr diesel. I started off tent camping most of my life, up until I was pregnant with my third child in 1998. There was a particularly disasterous trip as I was 7 months pregnant, my 18 month old toddler refused to sleep until 6am, and at 6:15 am the dogs barked and woke her right back up, AND the air mattress went flat. I vowed I was done with tent camping! The following year we upgraded to a very basic pop-up, that had a couple beds, electricity, and a cooler rather than fridge. A couple years of that and we upgraded to a super nice pop-up with nice beds, a toilet and shower, furnace, AC, the works. I sold that a couple months ago, as cranking it up was not doing my tired back any favors anymore.

So now I have my travel trailer. I haven't done much to it yet other than buy a 4 inch pillow top/memory foam mattress topper for my bed (omgosh it's so nice with that on it!).

My kids (18 month old toddler in the story at the top of this post is now 18 years old, and the one in my tummy is 16) have driveway camped a few times in there, but otherwise it's sitting and looking very lonely in my driveway. I can't wait to get out and use it!
Sarvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 08:33 PM   #2
GaryWT

Congrats and good luck, you will love it more once you are out there camping. Enjoy.
GaryWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 03:25 AM   #3
14george

congrats on TT enjoy
Old 04-18-2015, 09:50 AM   #4
sourdough
Site Team

to the forum and congrats on the new TT. You're going to love the upgrade - now you've just got to get out and goooooo!
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 02:29 PM   #5
notanlines

Sarvi, Brenda and I both welcome you to the forum. We simply cannot tell you how much fun you have ahead of you. Just imagine sitting around the campfire when the downpour starts and all you have to do is slide under your canopy or move to the living room. High and dry. (Just wait until your urchins get old enough where you can break their plate. That's when life gets better)
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 12:16 PM   #6
monica4patience

Sounds like us, except we didn't transition to a pop-up until the kids were 6. 13, and 15. We moved up to a trailer the summer it was so hot we were melting and had to go home to recover. Bought that trailer forgetting that the boys were still growing. Two years later, none of their friends could fit on the cot-size bunk, and the dog cages took up all the floor space in the bunkhouse with slide-out.

Now, the kids (15 & 23) still camp with us and have plenty of room in the double-slide bunkhouse with 2 futon beds that fold out to 4 beds on the floor. We've had 5 teen boys sleep comfortably. We all have enough room to hang out if its raining. A microwave!!! What a blessing that is for those late night starving boys, who just can't stop having fun to eat!

Enjoy your time spent in the luxury of a trailer. You have earned it.

2014 Keystone Passport 3290 BH (6/14 - present)
2010 Keystone Outback Sydney 310 BHS (7/12 - 6/14)

TV: none; seasonal w/ on-site winter storage
monica4patience is offline   Reply With Quote