Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 08-28-2013, 09:40 AM   #1
Msemma

Unhappy Outback 316RL sofa bed platform too short for blowup mattress

I recently purchased the 2014 Outback 316 RL and on the first time out we used the sofa bed . The platform the blowup mattress rests on is too far from the wall on the top resulting in your head falling into a hole . I've tried arranging the cushions in the hole , that does not work. Anyone else having this problem ? Keystone seems to think its not an issue , they should try sleeping on it .
Msemma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 01:21 PM   #2
Outbackmel

Blow up mattress

I guess it depends on how tall a person is. At 5'11, I sleep in the front bunk house bed when vacationing w grand kids. Our master is in the rear. Grand kids sleep on bunk beds in same room. We do this because kids are 4 and 6. In event of emergency i want to get them out, safely and quickly.

I have the "gap" at the head wall and can see how it could be as described for some. Sorry, no solution.
Outbackmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 07:38 AM   #3
rosede

We have a 2013 Outback with the couch/air mattress. When I was shopping around for a new camper, the number of individuals that it will sleep, comfortably, was the number one concern. This particular model fit exactly what I was looking for, especially the couch that doubles as a bed with an air mattress.

I want to have room for the daughter and her family when we camp. I envisioned my daughter and husband sleeping on the couch/air mattress and we can convert the table into a bed for the granddaughters.

Last month, one year with the camper, was the first time that we used the air mattress. My daughter, who is only 5'1", and her oldest daughter who is a bit taller than her mother, both slept on the air mattress. When I set it up, I was surprised by the rather large gap between the base and the wall. I put the cushions up as a head board, to keep their heads from following into the gap, but that didn't give the girls much room to sleep. Even though their both short, their feet hung off the end.

The next time we use the air mattress, I'll have to figure out someway to plug the gap so that way the girls can use the entire mattress and keep their feet from hanging over.

rosede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 02:36 PM   #4
therink

We just stuff stuff down in there to support the void. No big deal for us.

2015 GMC Sierra Denali 3500HD, SRW, Duramax, CC, SB (payload 3700)

https://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/...65/340FBH1.jpg
therink is offline   Reply With Quote