Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 08-17-2017, 08:37 PM   #1
Johnny's Journey

Missed out on Equalizer 4

I did not buy one because I did not know at the time of purchase of my current WDH the Equalizer existed. From what I'm seeing as to how the bars are connected to the trailer is that they are captive. Captive in the sense that when sway is happening the bar's are creating an isometric spring to retain and or return tow vehicle and trailer back to center. Chains can not do this because they allow the bars to swing left and right. Am I on the right path on how they physically work ?
Johnny's Journey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 09:30 PM   #2
Retired Copper

You can call Equalizer or etrailer if you have questions; I did lol. When I purchased my trailer a nice fastway e2 was included and yes the set up was not even close. Got it done by the directions and it worked pretty good. It was easy to hook and unhook but I wanted a little more. Call and was told that the e2 was a good hitch that place over 300 pounds of friction on the bar and bracet and the e4 was over 800lbs. So I order the e4. It wasn`t even close to how it made the tow feel e4 won in my case hands down. The e4 is not as easy to hookup and require a little more maintenance it seem but I am really liking it so far. If you have a trailer under 24 feet the e2might be just right for you, anything getting close to 30 and I think you would be happy with the e4. Not to many hitch place around here, nor RV dealers so I order mine. Hitches on a forum is kind of like the Ford and Chevy debate but I really like the Equalizer for my rig.
Retired Copper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 05:28 AM   #3
Johnny's Journey

That's what I've been reading. How satisfied everyone is with it and the difference that is felt immediately.
Old 08-18-2017, 08:35 AM   #4
sourdough
Site Team

Don't remember the brand of my "chain" type WDH w/sway control (Reese?) but it left a lot to be desired IMO. The Equalizer E4 made an immediate, and welcome, difference. And yes, when you start pushing 30' or more I don't see how a chain WDH w/sway can compete with the Equalizer.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 04:27 PM   #5
C424

I've got a fast way e2 and am having a heck of a time getting it dialed in on my 30 ft trailer. It was great on my 24ft trailer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 08-22-2017, 05:30 PM   #6
Johnny's Journey

^^^^^ How many pounds is it rated for ?