Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > General RV Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 09-19-2017, 05:06 PM   #41
madmaxmutt

For anyone who hasn't seen how this really works.

https://youtu.be/dfTd0Slt_cU

This guy also debunks the ice cube myth in another video . . .
madmaxmutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 07:00 PM   #42
chuckster57
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmaxmutt View Post
For anyone who hasn't seen how this really works.

https://youtu.be/dfTd0Slt_cU

This guy also debunks the ice cube myth in another video . . .
Interesting video. But if you look at an actual RV black tank, the bottom is not flat, but molded with the slope front to back AND TO THE CENTER. A (any) rinser at the opposite end of the drain will push the debris out the drain.

Not what I would call a "real" test, but it does show an intank rinser is better than the clear piece with the sprayer.

As far as the ice cube video, his "experiment" is in the bed of his truck. I don't know of a trailer that rides down the road as "smooth" as that. Anybody that has put stuff in a trailer and found it on the other end can figure out these things have some bounce.

I was entertained to a degree.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 04:23 AM   #43
Javi

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
Interesting video. But if you look at an actual RV black tank, the bottom is not flat, but molded with the slope front to back AND TO THE CENTER. A (any) rinser at the opposite end of the drain will push the debris out the drain.

Not what I would call a "real" test, but it does show an intank rinser is better than the clear piece with the sprayer.

As far as the ice cube video, his "experiment" is in the bed of his truck. I don't know of a trailer that rides down the road as "smooth" as that. Anybody that has put stuff in a trailer and found it on the other end can figure out these things have some bounce.

I was entertained to a degree.
You beat me to it.. But I had to get to bed because 4am comes early when you're my age...

Here is a drawing of a 38 gallon tank similar to what is in my Cougar..

As can be seen, the fellow in the video wasn't using the proper design of prop for his experiment and so the results are for all intents and purposes invalid...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Holding_Tank_38 Gal.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	79.5 KB
ID:	14140  
Old 09-20-2017, 01:42 PM   #44
madmaxmutt

The real point is the in tank flush works better than anything, in a really short time. Where anything without a straight and direct shot into the tank from outside does very little. The full tank fill and rinse did very little.

I also know my wand (old trailer) would take twice as much time, effort and mess and finally produce the result of sensors not registering. The new trailer flush does it in a couple minutes.

I think the guy put an inordinate amount of the and effort into doing these videos. IMO the shape of the tank would have made minimal difference to the outcome. Until, someone takes the extra time and effort to build a clear odly shaped tank and repeat this effort, I'll accept his results as better than what we can tell from the outside, not looking in.

And yes, it was humorous watching his wife try to wash a pan with ice cubes. [emoji4]

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
madmaxmutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 02:34 PM   #45
bill-e

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97winger View Post
UPDATE: It took me some time (working on the house to get on the market) but I check the anti-siphon valve it was installed correctly. So under I went, took down the under belly and got access to the power full valve. I cut the hose off the elbow unscrewed it and hit the power flush with a few shots of compressed air and that did the trick. Sure I could of soaked it with Dawn and wait to see but we needed this done so when the house is sold we can begin our journey. Thanks to all
That's the only way to clear it in my experience. I let my tank set full of water and Ridx for a month to no avail. I had to get under there, cut the hose, unscrew the plug and stick a wire in to break it up as well can clean in out of the hose. No idea how it got backed up but it did.

2015 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel
2015 Cougar 26RBI
bill-e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 06:41 PM   #46
Aab

Wife puts in half bottle of dawn dish liquid and it sets full all night and power wash and sensors are clean. Like magic
Aab is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
power, tank