Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 05-17-2017, 06:26 AM   #41
tottere

How do you insert a pic from the desktop of a computer? Trying but it keeps asking for a url. Thanks in advance.
tottere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 07:31 AM   #42
JRTJH
Site Team

When you click on "POST REPLY" a window will open, along the top you'll see: "Fonts, Sizes, A, a "smiley" and then a paperclip. Click on the paperclip, a window will open, click on "BROWSE" and another window will open, select the link from your computer, click OK, then in that same window, click "UPLOAD". Wait for the software to depict the title in blue in that window, then click "CLOSE" and click "SUBMIT REPLY".

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 09:25 AM   #43
tottere

Laredo rear cap damage

This is a pic of the damage to my laredo rear cap. Keystone says they wont cover it because it is out of warranty. I feel this is a workmanship or mfg issue

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170427_154658[3130].jpg
Views:	390
Size:	89.6 KB
ID:	12719
tottere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 06:26 PM   #44
theallde

Quote:
Originally Posted by tottere View Post
This is a pic of the damage to my laredo rear cap. Keystone says they wont cover it because it is out of warranty. I feel this is a workmanship or mfg issue

Attachment 12719
My letter was mailed and should be at Keystone RV. I'll let you know the results from Keystone.

Don
theallde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 01:04 PM   #45
theallde

Update:

Just rec'd response from Keystone "You stated that your technician indicated that there is no sign of water damage so if you want Keystone to review this repair for possible participation, we would need an authorized dealer to submit the information to our Service Department".

My challenge now is, my service/independent RV dealer (who employs certified technicians) is "not" an authorized Keystone repair facility and the authorized Keystone repair facility (Camping World, etc.) were backlogged by 2 months for body work. Also, what would an authorized dealer now do to determine that water damage caused the cap slipping - remove the entire rear cap again.

Lesson learned (the hard way) - deal with only authorized dealers regardless of backlogged work or distance from where your RV is located.
Old 06-05-2017, 12:19 PM   #46
dcg9381

Lesson learned for warranty work.

You might ask CW (or wherever you bought the thing from) if they can get it in and do do some preliminary inspection for a warranty claim but actually do the work "2 months" (or whatever) in the future. Honestly, paying under the table for the "estimate" might facilitate things a bit - as warranty work doesn't pay what retail repairs do.. Sorta the unfortunate reality. It would just let you know what's going on, not actually fix the RV.

I don't know of a way to get the RV fixed fast under warranty. And for some of that "major" work - Keystone will ship the RV back to the factory (after an inspection by a field technician from Keystone). Our typical warranty repair started at 60 days, just like you're being told...
dcg9381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 06:17 PM   #47
theallde

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcg9381 View Post
Lesson learned for warranty work.

You might ask CW (or wherever you bought the thing from) if they can get it in and do do some preliminary inspection for a warranty claim but actually do the work "2 months" (or whatever) in the future. Honestly, paying under the table for the "estimate" might facilitate things a bit - as warranty work doesn't pay what retail repairs do.. Sorta the unfortunate reality. It would just let you know what's going on, not actually fix the RV.

I don't know of a way to get the RV fixed fast under warranty. And for some of that "major" work - Keystone will ship the RV back to the factory (after an inspection by a field technician from Keystone). Our typical warranty repair started at 60 days, just like you're being told...
Work has all ready been completed as mentioned in post #23 but thanks for your post and input .... Don
Old 06-06-2017, 11:15 AM   #48
dcg9381

Thanks Don, missed it:

Quote:
Craign: I took the TT in on Wednesday, April 19th and they started work on it on Monday, April 24th. The entire rear cap is being replaced. It should be ready on May 1st at a cost of $3700. The cost includes new decals and better construction. I'll post pictures of the new cap after I pick the TT up.
Seems that the OPs unit was about a year out of warranty when he had it repaired.
dcg9381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 07:01 PM   #49
440justin

I have had the "bowing" rear cap almost since new with the common response of that is normal. Well this past weekend while washing and inspecting the trailer I found my rear cap had bowed enough to slip out. Being my trailer is a 2013 and Camping World bought the dealer I originally purchased the unit from and no longer has any records of customers before the purchase I have zero confidence that it is worth the time or energy to fight. So my solution for now was to mount a metal clip bolted to the wall framing behind the center clearance light. I am thinking about bolting some kind of breaket for a "future" backup camera above the clearance light to help hold the wall in place. As far as I could tell there was no delamination between the filion and the backing board, the whole wall was bowed.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Old 09-19-2017, 08:47 AM   #50
Tbos

440, that might be a good fix to stop the sliding. You may want to consider adding brackets/braces under the other lights too. How did you seal it back up at the top where the wall meets the roof.

2016 Passport GT 2810BHS, 2016 F350 CC DRW
Tbos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 05:56 PM   #51
440justin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbos View Post
440, that might be a good fix to stop the sliding. You may want to consider adding brackets/braces under the other lights too. How did you seal it back up at the top where the wall meets the roof.

2016 Passport GT 2810BHS, 2016 F350 CC DRW
The wall slipped backed into the molding at the top. I cleaned up all the factory silicone and ran a new bead of silicone along the joint.

I was actually thinking of something above the light, that was the section that had bowed the most.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk