Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 07-05-2018, 07:46 AM   #21
LFord

Quote:
Originally Posted by twvette View Post
I have exact same issue on my Fuzion also. Checked everything per the A/C improvement posts and played around opening or closing one or both side at the A/C with little to no improvement. I can confirm both my A/C's were ducted for output into the living area with a couple rear most ones on the garage A/C and the rest on the bedroom A/C. Only way for me to keep it reasonably cool on 85+ degree sunny day is we put a small (12in?) but powerful fan on the floor on the steps just outside the bedroom with the door open and then a fairly big evaporative tower fan just outside the garage door with it open also. This actually works extremely good for a fairly cheap solution.

I envy you folks out in the low-humidity West where you can use the evaporative cooling units with good results. Here, east of the Mississippi, where the humidity sometime matches the OATs, those evaporative coolers don't work so well!
LFord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 12:00 PM   #22
sarahdove

I posted this in another area about air conditioning. We have the 2015 371 Fuzon the air ducted unit in the bedroom air unit in garage. The bedroom is freezing and the garage is very comfortable. Living area hot. We purchased a portable air conditioning unit. The one that you put the hose out of the window. We put the hose out of the window by the sofa (slide out window) and my husband drops the cord out of window and plugs in into the 30 amp. The unit sits in front of the garage door. You can still get by to go into the garage. The living room gets down to 72. ahhhhhh I know it may sound to crowded but if you want to stay cool, you do what you gotta do. We travel with a 14 year old Boston Terrier and 2 Golden Rerievers. My pups must stay cool. :-) We only need it from July to September if we camp during those months. When we get ready to go home, we just pull the hose and cord out of the window and the unit stays in the living area when we close up the slides. I hope this makes sense. Happy Camping.

P.S Our daughter has a 40 ' Torque. No air in the garage so she uses a portable unit like we do.
sarahdove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 03:15 PM   #23
sourdough
Site Team

^^^^Those seem to work pretty well. My son bought an older 5th wheel and used this method vs installing another AC. Seems to work pretty well. Takes up some space and makes some noise (but what RV AC doesn't?) but other than that it stays cool.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2021, 03:48 PM   #24
JLFrisby

E-Rod, would love to know the details of your installations. I need to do the same thing on my 2021 Alpine RL3650
JLFrisby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 07:57 AM   #25
E Rod

I started by using my phone camera in the duct facing towards the ac unit. There you can see a bend . From there i used a measuring tape to see how far back or close to the bend I could install the extra vents as i wanted them close to unit as possible. I did the same for both ac units. I installed a total of 2 in the bedroom, 2 in the kitchen and 2 in the living room . I replaced all the vents from some I purchased on Amazon that are more open and adjustable. Second, on the return air grille, underneath the unit , I used the existing return air's to locate where to install the 3rd grille . i drilled a 1/8 to 3/16 hole underneath . Using a piece of tissue with the ac on , if tissue sticks to ceiling, that's the return side, if push away from hole, that's the supply . I then did the cutout for the 3rd return grille right underneath the ac unit. Now it has more air supplied to it and you can feel the difference. I now just use once ac and on extremely hot days, sometimes both but rarely do i used the 2nd ac as the two ac's utilize the same duct

2021 F350 Lariat Ultimate Pkg,FX4,CC,LB

2017 Alpine 3660FL
E Rod is offline   Reply With Quote