Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 03-04-2018, 06:03 AM   #1
djisarob

couch replacement

Does anybody know what the weight limit is on a slide in a 2010 raptor 300? I am thinking about replacing the air mattress couch with a recliner/couch from Sams. The Sams couch weighs 246 lbs Does anybody have any idea the weight of the air mattress couch in a raptor might be? Should I be concerned about the weight on the slide out difference? how hard is it to remove a couch? Thanks, Rob
djisarob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 09:12 PM   #2
Mike L123

No, unless your combined body weight is N. of 1,000 pounds, I wouldn't overthink or worry about it too much. We have replaced the couch in our RV's several times mainly due to the pitiful JUNK that they put in as OEM. Your existing couch should come apart with the back lifting off and then you just have to cart the pieces out the door. The trick is to replace the couch with one that for sure either fits through the RV door or comes apart with the back piece coming off. Our current loveseat/couch was purchased at SEARS here in Canada before they closed the doors and went belly up. It is a beautiful piece, leather, recliner on each end, perfect for the bride and I. It was valued at $1,800.00 and we got it out the door for $1,200.00. Fits perfectly in our RV.

Did I mention to make sure that the couch will fit through the RV door? Big misery if it won't fit!

Cheers!

Mike
Carol, My wonderful wife of 41 years
Kenzie Schweenie Tod, our furry faced Shih 't n Dash
Mike L123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 06:06 AM   #3
djisarob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike L123 View Post
No, unless your combined body weight is N. of 1,000 pounds, I wouldn't overthink or worry about it too much. We have replaced the couch in our RV's several times mainly due to the pitiful JUNK that they put in as OEM. Your existing couch should come apart with the back lifting off and then you just have to cart the pieces out the door. The trick is to replace the couch with one that for sure either fits through the RV door or comes apart with the back piece coming off. Our current loveseat/couch was purchased at SEARS here in Canada before they closed the doors and went belly up. It is a beautiful piece, leather, recliner on each end, perfect for the bride and I. It was valued at $1,800.00 and we got it out the door for $1,200.00. Fits perfectly in our RV.

Did I mention to make sure that the couch will fit through the RV door? Big misery if it won't fit!

Cheers!

Mike
Thanks Mike sure appreciate the info will try to look at that couch too

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk
djisarob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 06:19 PM   #4
laidback

Just replaced my love seat with a nice entertainment seating unit. Purchased on line from Rec Pro. came in 5 pieces fit easily in the door and put together inside very easy. DW loves it. Also arrived in FL in 3 days Fed ex no shipping charges.
Old 03-31-2018, 06:33 PM   #5
KHBama

We replaced a sleeper sofa in our Laredo with a reclining loveseat. Can’t speak for the weight but we had to completely disassemble the sleeper sofa to get it out of the door. We had to bring in one recliner at a time and assemble inside. Worth the headache though, Love it
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	3941DC0A-491A-491B-BEF7-B627FB1A30F2.jpg
Views:	297
Size:	237.5 KB
ID:	15835  
KHBama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 05:48 AM   #6
wiredgeorge

How is the sleep sofa attached inside the trailer? The back of our sleep sofa is right up against the slide wall and I am guessing it is also bolted to the floor. Since the door in our trailer is about 2' wide, this will be an issue. How was the new love seat disassembled to get it in? I would LOVE to have a made-for RV love seat but those guys are really to expensive for my limited budget. Would prefer a nice reclining loveseat from CL or the like due to cost. My opening is 68" between dinette and outer wall of slide. (both dinette and sofa are in slide out).
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote