Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 06-29-2018, 02:51 PM   #1
tchem75

Garage Mods in 2006 Raptor 3712

I am looking to possibly modify the height in my 3712 garage. I do not have the rear bunks but do have the loft bed above the front half of the garage. The ceiling under the loft bed provides about 75" of clearance. Has anyone modified that platform to increase height in the front part of the garage. This in reference to putting side by UTV's in the garage. As you all likely know, these UTV's are anywhere from 70 - 80 inches tall depending on roof kits, lifts and light bars etc.
tchem75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 03:06 PM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

It seems that ATV/UTV manufacturers and RV manufacturers run in cycles, much like everything else these days..... Just a few years ago, Polaris came out with the RZR, advertising it as the only UTV capable of navigating trails designed for ATV's. Most trails, in Michigan anyway, are 48-50" wide and most UTV's were 60+ wide. Then, along came the RZR S, then the RZR4 S and now the even larger RZR's with tires nearly as big as the rear tires on my tractor.... As they "grow", the RV manufacturers come out with toyhaulers to carry them.

Seems that we're in the cycle where the RV's need to catch up to the UTV market. Rest assured, as soon as someone builds a toyhauler big enough, the UTV manufacturers will come out with a model that's too big to fit......

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 10:07 AM   #3
HANGAR

Interesting idea. Would you install a panel where you enter the loft to completely close-off the garage from the living area? If you decide to do it, please post pictures when completed!
HANGAR is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mod, mods, raptor