Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 04-15-2019, 08:06 AM   #21
CampNBrew2

We mostly boondock so would not live with a dribbling showerhead while we soap up for our "sailor showers". Planning on finding a low flow shower wand (not oxy mentioned here) and already have a spare hose shut off valve if it does not have one.

Now, can anyone tell me why the factories put in a nice hose, but then put it through a ring mounted to the wall up high so you cant stretch it out? I cut a 1/4" section out in both my trailers so that the ring is now just a hook. You can now actually move the showerhead around the shower, and still stows for travel nicely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletOwner1 View Post
Now if I could just get rid of the brass framed shower panels .
Just a thought, It would take a bit of work for prep and masking off the shower but should be easy enough to paint to a finish you like. There are even some nice metallic paints available now and would likely stand up to the shower environment.
2015 Honda CRF250L (Wifes)
Camping, home brewing, and dirt bikes!
CampNBrew2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 09:21 AM   #22
buffalobillh

We’ve used the regular Oxygenics head for over a year, and it beats the oem hands down. I don’t know how much water it saves, but the output is robust enough that you can actually rinse off under a decent pressure and spray pattern (and it doesn’t take long). The oem head had poor pressure, poor pattern, and was a real pain to try and get all the soap off. There may be better RV shower heads available, but we’ll stick with our Oxygenics.
buffalobillh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 11:01 AM   #23
Ellen

Somewhere in the past month I read about showerheads sending ice cold water out when the on/off button was used. Someone suggested a KES on/off switch be installed where the hose meets the faucet. Did it and love it. Thank you so much to whoever posted that fabulous suggestion.
Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 05:43 PM   #24
TheGriz

Okay dokey now. Thanks for all the shared experience and insight. Looks like some love it, some don't. Thanks to Sourdough's generosity, here is my verdict.

Just got back from a 4 day Search and Rescue Training Summit in the PA Dutch Country (Lancaster, PA) where I took the Laredo. The Oxi-G did just fine. I can't say though it was better or worse than the stock shower head. It was just different...meaning it had more of a focused spray than the stock head, but no difference in pressure. I did get a short burst (less than a second) of cold water when using the integral shut off, but wasn't an issue as I pointed the head away. For the boondockers out there, don't expect to save water with it, as it uses nearly the exact same. I will leave the Oxy-G on.

Mike

2018 Laredo 288RL Travel Trailer
2017 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab LTZ, Z-71, 6.6L Diesel
2017 Bullet Premier 19FBPR (traded)
2011 Silverado Crew Cab, 4wd Z-71, 5.3L (traded)
K9 Handler of my SAR partner and best friend Jeter!
TheGriz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 05:05 PM   #25
LHaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
I noticed that WalMart is now carrying Oxygenics shower heads in the RV section. Brushed chrome is about $36 and White is about $32
One thing I've noticed is that you can get the base model Oxygenics from dozens of sources on the net, but the only people selling the upgraded model is CW.
Old 05-03-2019, 09:24 PM   #26
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhaven View Post
One thing I've noticed is that you can get the base model Oxygenics from dozens of sources on the net, but the only people selling the upgraded model is CW.
If by "upgraded model" you mean the "Oxygenics FURY" shower head, IMHO, it's not an upgraded model. We bought one, used it for one trip and replaced it with our old "Oxygenics" original. I was disappointed with the FURY. It was supposed to be a "conventional looking shower head that offers the "Oxygenics patented performance. Both my DW and I commented that it's like the "cheap thing we threw away" when we bought our Cougar.

I suppose with all the "hype about new and improved" we were expecting more than it delivered.... Of course, as usual, YMMV...

If you mean the Oxygenics Adventure shower head, with the three way setting, Spray/Stream/Trickle (built into the spray head), believe it or not, Lowe's has it listed: https://www.lowes.com/pd/Oxygenics-B...wer/1000489777

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 01:50 PM   #27
LHaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
If by "upgraded model" ... you mean the Oxygenics Adventure shower head, with the three way setting, Spray/Stream/Trickle (built into the spray head), believe it or not, Lowe's has it listed: https://www.lowes.com/pd/Oxygenics-B...wer/1000489777
That's the one. I didn't find that listing previously. Unfortunately, it looks like Lowe's is significantly more than Camping World on all four finishes, which must have taken some effort.