Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 02-25-2019, 04:17 PM   #1
daveinaz

Best interior LEDs?

When working on the rig this weekend, I noticed that some of the LED bulbs in the ceiling had either gone out or were flickering. It has the 194 wedge LEDs and currently has the round ones in it. I'm wondering which is better as far as brightness, the round LEDs or the unidirectional flat ones?
daveinaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 05:50 PM   #2
HitFactor
Gone Traveling

Buy a couple of each and decide what you like.

LED are usually rated with lumens and then a temperature in Kelvin.

Lumens is the amount of light. 5 isn't much at all. 1000 is bright for a tactical flashlight.

2700 K will be a yellowish light. Daylight is 5000 K, these will be white and as you go up they turn blueish.

If the listing doesn't give either of these values, move along to a product that does
HitFactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 06:00 PM   #3
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveinaz View Post
When working on the rig this weekend, I noticed that some of the LED bulbs in the ceiling had either gone out or were flickering. It has the 194 wedge LEDs and currently has the round ones in it. I'm wondering which is better as far as brightness, the round LEDs or the unidirectional flat ones?

Dave, can you post something that shows what you are talking about? There are round LEDs as in the backing is round and the array sits on the front side and LEDs that are actually round, like a barrel with leds all around it. The 194 wedge LEDs I pull up don't look like either.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 06:43 PM   #4
bobbecky

Whatever LED bulbs you get for the rig, make sure they are rated like 10 to 30 volts DC, not just 12 volts. Your inverter runs 13+ volts into your rig and the cheaper bulbs will not hold up. Look at the specs on these bulbs. http://www.m4products.com/921-17-5630-cw-cool-white-elite-series-wedge-base-brightest-with-samsung-5630-leds/

There are many different bulbs, sizes and color ranges at the m4products site, and they will likely have what you are looking for.
bobbecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 09:48 AM   #5
daveinaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
Dave, can you post something that shows what you are talking about? There are round LEDs as in the backing is round and the array sits on the front side and LEDs that are actually round, like a barrel with leds all around it. The 194 wedge LEDs I pull up don't look like either.
I think I've given up on the pancake style. Looking at the M4 LEDs. They have one wedge style that puts out the same as OEM incandescent and another that is about 1.5x brighter. They have dual polarity and are made to accept between 10-30 volts. I'll probably go with either or both of these in the natural white spectrum (4500K)

http://www.m4products.com/921-10-563...ung-5630-leds/

http://www.m4products.com/elite-seri...ung-5630-leds/

They are more expensive that others I've looked at, but think I'll be happier with them in the long run.
Old 03-02-2019, 10:37 AM   #6
Alpine

We replaced "all" of our lighting with M-4 Products LEDs. We went with the "Warm White" and were very pleased.... however after 5 years they seem a bit too "Warm". Don't know if they have lost some brightness over time or if it just us needing something a bit brighter?

I tried this company linked below... purchased 8 pancake style lights that are brighter. Great luck with them, going on a year.

https://www.superbrightleds.com/sear...led%20pancake/

Jeff & Jan - Retired & Full-timing since 2013
2019 Ram Big Horn 3500 Aisin 4x4
2012 Alpine 3450-RL
Double Coin 235/75R-17.5/16 J rated 125lb
Alpine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 06:27 AM   #7
jjohnsonlta

Super bright

I tried a couple LED bulb replacements but was not satisfied with the results/cost. I found these and replaced the whole fixture. They are night and day difference over anything I tried. You can get them for around 15 ea. Well worth the money.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=optronics...b_sb_ss_i_1_15
jjohnsonlta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 07:00 AM   #8
Rosmero

Those actually look pretty nice, John. I gave up one LEDs a while back because I couldn't find one that's to my liking. Might try this one though.
Rosmero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 08:28 AM   #9
daveinaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjohnsonlta View Post
I tried a couple LED bulb replacements but was not satisfied with the results/cost. I found these and replaced the whole fixture. They are night and day difference over anything I tried. You can get them for around 15 ea. Well worth the money.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=optronics...b_sb_ss_i_1_15
That's a good option! Only a couple dollars more than just the LED bulb from M4. Thanks.

Tags
led