Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 02-21-2015, 05:49 AM   #1
gRich

New member from Midlothian VA

Hi Everybody

My wife and I have been RVing it for 10 years. We started with a used popup to see if we liked it and the answer was a big "YES". We went to the RV shows in Richmond every year and somehow managed to purchase about every 3rd year. I just gotta stop going to those shows. This time we decided on the Cougar xLite 28SGS. This is our first fiver and we love it or we will when we pick it up next week. We primarily go to Pocahontas state park which is very close to home and then to some festivals. Last year we started camp hosting and will be doing it for 3 months this year. Its an enjoyable job where we meet a lot of nice people and get to camp free Our TV is a 2012 F150 EB max tow 5.5 bed.
gRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 06:23 AM   #2
ChrisM

Small world

I just joined the forum a few days ago. I work in Midlothian but live north of Ashland. My wife and I loved touring trips on our motorcycle and we fell in love with camping and combined both getting a truck camper 3 years ago towing a trailer behind for the bike. I loved the truck camper because it was enough room for us plus we could take the bike and still get into some very remote camping areas. Our needs changed so we just replaced the truck camper with a 5th wheel toy hauler. We're giving up some practical advantages and getting others but we can still take the bike. So far this forum seems great... no trolls that I've seen and overall the members seem very happy with their Keystone campers. I hope my experience will be the same. I've also thought about checking out Pocohontas State Park. The buddy sites look interesting and its certainly close to home. Anything in particular you would recommend for or against there?
ChrisM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 06:31 AM   #3
Lost

to the forum from Mi
Old 02-21-2015, 09:17 AM   #4
gRich

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisM View Post
I just joined the forum a few days ago. I work in Midlothian but live north of Ashland. My wife and I loved touring trips on our motorcycle and we fell in love with camping and combined both getting a truck camper 3 years ago towing a trailer behind for the bike. I loved the truck camper because it was enough room for us plus we could take the bike and still get into some very remote camping areas. Our needs changed so we just replaced the truck camper with a 5th wheel toy hauler. We're giving up some practical advantages and getting others but we can still take the bike. So far this forum seems great... no trolls that I've seen and overall the members seem very happy with their Keystone campers. I hope my experience will be the same. I've also thought about checking out Pocohontas State Park. The buddy sites look interesting and its certainly close to home. Anything in particular you would recommend for or against there?
I can't really find any faults with Pocahontas State Park. It is a great retreat from a busy Richmond metro area. We camp there and host there. There are two camping areas in the park each having about 60 sites. The newer side was opened I believe in 2005 and is really set up more for the larger rigs. There are paved pull throughs and all of the sites are pretty level. They are large and well separated. Most are somewhat wooded but there are a few clear ones. There are 3 buddy sites each containing 3 individual sites. There are also 6 small cabins with 2 sets of bunk beds which can be rented. The sites in the older section of the park are more wooded having gravel driveways, varying in their length and levelness. There are also some pull throughs here but generally you find the smaller rigs and tents on this side of the park. All the sites have water and electric but no sewer. There are 2 bath houses on each side of the park and a small store and laundry facility. Overall Pocahontas is huge (7900 acres), with a pool, lake with canoe rental, summer concerts, and miles of hiking/mountain biking trails. I should be in sales
gRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 10:53 AM   #5
sourdough
Site Team

to the forum from W TX!
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 03:42 PM   #6
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

Smile

to the Forum From Western PA.

CONGRATS on your TH! Which one do you have? ENJOY

Be Safe and Happy Camping
Reese 20K; Carlisle Radial Trail RH/HD; TPMS (12 Tires)

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
PARAPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote