Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 07-24-2014, 06:28 AM   #1
lifecamper

Need input on Pioneer LP Generator

I have a 2007 Springdale 5th wheel, with 30 amp service. I am considering a Pioneer 4000 W LP portable generator. It is a good size to ride in my truck bed without getting in the way.Propane doesn't destabilize and is easy to find/refill. I believe it is sufficient to run my A/C if needed and my MW but not both at the same time. Does anyone have any info or input on this brand. They say made in USA ? Would appreciate any input from a user or someone that has tried the Pioneer brand. Thanks in advance
lifecamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 01:35 PM   #2
SAD
Permanent User Ban

Dawt10characters
SAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 01:52 PM   #3
Festus2
Site Team

[QUOTE=lifecamper;137090]I have a 2007 Springdale 5th wheel, with 30 amp service. I am considering a Pioneer 4000 W LP portable generator. It is a good size to ride in my truck bed without getting in the way.Propane doesn't destabilize and is easy to find/refill. QUOTE]

Have you thought about refilling it when (and if) you are "out in the boonies" and you run out of or are about to run out of propane? Is there some way of taking along "extra" propane just in case? Gas would seem to be much more accessible and considerably more "convenient".

Have you done a Google search to find any ratings or reviews for the Pioneer4000W LP portable generator?
Old 07-27-2014, 03:08 AM   #4
WaltBennett

Since the Onan generators for 5ers run on house propane, that's not an issue. If you're going to mount it in the generator compartment, it might not be all that hard to get to work. If you don't, you'll probably have to bring extra propane tanks, and I do mean plural. Don't have any experience with the brand you're considering but the Onans are about the same size and they do go through quite a bit of propane. You don't want to run them more than you need to.

'06 F350 Lariat turbo diesel dually, Curt 20k, Softopper, Aerosheld, coolant filter, air bags
'10 3665RE Hickory, wet bolts, Trimetric battery monitor, 4 100w panels & Morningstar TS-45, still tweeking!
WaltBennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 04:41 AM   #5
Bushman512000

propane or gas?

Gas is the best way and the most bang for Your buck ...I have been there had a propane unit in a motor home the propane use was so bad I bought the Honda I have now a 3000 sips gas and is the best unit I have ever bought for camping bar none almost 10years old 1 battery 2years ago and lots of hours I do have syntax oil and change it 2 times a year same every thing but a new spark plug about every 4 years...Great way to make Your day get what You pay for Honda is the best in My book...Bushman
Bushman512000 is offline   Reply With Quote