Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 06-02-2012, 05:55 AM   #1
jacksonjack

Black water on a 300 mp

I just took my 300 mp out for the first time I figured it was like any other trailer I had ever owned. I happened to look under the side and there is a connector to dump with. I noticed it said grey water.. I looked closer and I saw a valve the open the grey water but none for the black . Anyone know the deal ? It's got a toilet , it has to be going somewhere
jacksonjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 06:52 AM   #2
SteveC7010

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksonjack View Post
I just took my 300 mp out for the first time I figured it was like any other trailer I had ever owned. I happened to look under the side and there is a connector to dump with. I noticed it said grey water.. I looked closer and I saw a valve the open the grey water but none for the black . Anyone know the deal ? It's got a toilet , it has to be going somewhere
Most Keystones seem to have two gray water tanks and one black water tank. One of the grays and the black are usually together on a single drain. The service the bathroom toilet and shower. The other gray is for the kitchen and is usually close to that, either midships or all the way to the rear.

I take it that your dealer didn't show this to you when you purchased the trailer?

You didn't specify which brand of Keystone you own so it is very difficult for me to go look it up on Keystone's website. It makes it much easier to help someone when we have this information. Most of us have gone to the User Control Panel and Edited our Signature to add our trailer and tow vehicle info. That way the info appears whenever we post without having to add it to the message.

'11 Cougar 326MKS loaded with mods
'12 Ford F250 SuperCab 6.7 PowerStroke Diesel
Amateur Radio: KD2IAT (146.520) GMRS: WQPG808 (462.675 TPL 141.3)
SteveC7010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 07:57 AM   #3
jje1960

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveC7010 View Post
Most Keystones seem to have two gray water tanks and one black water tank. One of the grays and the black are usually together on a single drain. The service the bathroom toilet and shower. The other gray is for the kitchen and is usually close to that, either midships or all the way to the rear.

I take it that your dealer didn't show this to you when you purchased the trailer?

You didn't specify which brand of Keystone you own so it is very difficult for me to go look it up on Keystone's website. It makes it much easier to help someone when we have this information. Most of us have gone to the User Control Panel and Edited our Signature to add our trailer and tow vehicle info. That way the info appears whenever we post without having to add it to the message.
[COLOR="rgb(255, 140, 0)"]"I just took my 300 mp out for the first time I ..."[/COLOR]

Raptor
jje1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 08:03 AM   #4
rnkburg

There is two grays. The back gray by the wheels is for the sink. The other handles are up towards the front. It should be labeled, mine is. The valve for the second grey is back by the wheels also.

So up front one black handle and one grey, and the second grey by the wheels.

Hope this helps. I can try to go get some pics for you if that helps
rnkburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 08:09 AM   #5
rnkburg

Maybe this will help

Front black and grey

REAR GREY
Old 06-02-2012, 08:45 AM   #6
jacksonjack

Thanks for the pic. I went out and looked and mines not marked over sewer hose like yours and there are no handles underneith. It's a Raptor Velocity .
I couldn't see any other PVC pipes running underneith it either .
Is it possible it has some kind of pump set up ?
jacksonjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 09:11 AM   #7
rnkburg

the handles are in the white compartment that says sewer hose. Should be one for each. There is only one dump area hook up. I will take pics of the handles in the front area if you like
Old 06-02-2012, 09:17 AM   #8
rnkburg

Here are the pics

mine is a 2012 Raptor 300mp it is not velocity but that is mainly some creature comfort additions should be no difference in the layout or structure.