Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 03-05-2015, 09:00 AM   #1
Roberttx

Wink New Fifth Wheeler

Have a 2015 Ram 2500 and pulling a 30 foot Xlite Cougar. All new and everything is not working properly, but Keystone is working on all problems. Oh yes, the Ram is pilling with a 5.7 HEMI. We are located in Texas. Have in the past lived full time in a MOTOR HOME. This is all new to us. Still having trouble backing.
Roberttx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 11:04 AM   #2
Harleyhop

Welcome to the forum and good luck with the new 5er. Always remember when backing slow movements,have a spotter and don't worry about the neighbors gawking!
Old 03-05-2015, 11:32 AM   #3
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

Smile

to the Forum From Western PA.

CONGRATS on your conversion to a 5th wheel ENJOY

Best advise is Practice, Practice ........... Practice. Keep in mind the gathering of people when you get ready to back into a spot is normal, just take your time. The good thing is when you get in and setup you get to join the group to watch the next guy

Be Safe and Happy Camping
Reese 20K; Carlisle Radial Trail RH/HD; TPMS (12 Tires)

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
PARAPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 12:39 PM   #4
sourdough
Site Team

to the forum and congratulations on the new camper! As was said, practice and more practice. I think backing a trailer is one of the few things that reading about doesn't do much good. You've probably got the tow mirrors which is a GOOD thing. You will need a spotter from time to time and you need to establish exactly how you are going to communicate every time so there is no confusion.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 04:30 PM   #5
Tbos

Welcome from Southern MD. As a little kid I watched my dad learn to back our tent camper behind a 66 Pontiac. He went to a very large parking lot on a Sunday morning and practiced. He used the lot's lines as reference. For me the key is to be patient and willing to start over if need be. I've found my 238ML is easier than smaller trailers I've towed. Have fun!
Tbos is offline   Reply With Quote