Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 09-25-2014, 05:11 PM   #1
GmaPaTime

Cougar XLite Bathroom Fan

For those that have a newer Xlite 5er, do you find that the bathroom fan is sufficient in both air movement and removing moisture from taking a shower? This has been a concern of mine since we selected our model and have yet to receive it. Are we looking at replacing this unit sooner than later?
2015 Jayco 31UL MH
2015 Cougar X-Lite 29RLI
GmaPaTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 05:22 PM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

The first two mods I did on my XLite were to replace the bathroom fan with a Fantastic 4000 and change out all the bulbs for LED's. The little fan that comes standard just doesn't move much air. I don't think (everyone has an opinion) that it moves enough air. We dry camp quite a bit and we needed more ventilation anyway, so doing the bathroom fan was more practical for us. OIf you don't dry camp much, and use the A/C, then you may find that showers and using the toilet don't put a big demand on the exhaust fan, but without the A/C, for us it was a "must have" to change out the fan.

When are you planning to pick up your XLite?

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 05:25 PM   #3
bg71361

I replaced mine with the MaxxFan Deluxe with remote, it will suck the hair off your head on high! It will actually pull air through out the entire trailer with the windows open, I like it.
bg71361 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 05:51 PM   #4
GmaPaTime

John.. Thanks for confirming my belief that that little thing can't possibly move much air. What made you go with the Fantastic vs a Maxxair fan? I think I have my first mod on the list. These newer ones now come with the LED lighting, so that's taken care of. I already have vent covers to put on it and tires will come next year before we hit the road hard.
We just got word today that our unit is scheduled to be off the line 2 October and should have it about 7 days after. Not a whole lot of the season remaining, but we'll get a few times I'm sure locally.
2015 Jayco 31UL MH
2015 Cougar X-Lite 29RLI
GmaPaTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 06:05 PM   #5
JRTJH
Site Team

I bought the Fantastic 4000 for the Springdale. I've had this brand in previous RV's and always had good luck with them. I got it on sale for $99, so it was hard to say no LOL I've no experience with Maxxair so I can't say anything good or bad about them. I simply don't know.

As for other mods, if you have your RV "nearby" during the off season, you might want to consider a step modification going to the upstairs. That "single step" gets to be a "killer" on the knees after any extended living in the RV. We were "good to go" all the time we were using it for a few days at a time, but when we went to Galveston last winter, by the second week we were planning our bathroom breaks so we didn't have to climb that step any more than necessary.

I'm sure you're going to enjoy the XLite, we have nothing but good to say about ours.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 06:47 PM   #6
chuckster57
Site Team

Those little "fart" fans are a joke IMO. I've leaving mine there but opting instead to use my max air I installed up in the bedroom. Plan is to add another at the rear of the trailer to really move some air.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote