Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 08-09-2014, 09:09 AM   #1
GmaPaTime

Reese Elite Under Bed Puck Mount

Does anyone know or have experience with this reese puck mount? I would like to install this Reese puck mount and use a Companion hitch instead. Not sure if it is the same as the Ford Prep Package mount setup but appears to be the same since the Reese Elite hitch is what Ford sells. Any help or advice would be appreciated.
2015 Jayco 31UL MH
2015 Cougar X-Lite 29RLI
GmaPaTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 02:12 PM   #2
Javi

A buddy and I installed one and a set of Firestone air bags in my f250 in around 3 hours. Pretty easy if you have the tools and a flat spot to work.
Javi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 03:21 PM   #3
GmaPaTime

Did you use a hitch other then Reese? If so, which one?
2015 Jayco 31UL MH
2015 Cougar X-Lite 29RLI
Old 08-09-2014, 05:32 PM   #4
Javi

Quote:
Originally Posted by GmaPaTime View Post
Did you use a hitch other then Reese? If so, which one?
We have a B&W OEM that fits the Reese pucks.. Haven't bought the trailer yet so I haven't used it... just installed it in preparation. I've used the B&W products before and have always had good luck with them so I see no reason to expect trouble this time around.
Old 08-09-2014, 09:58 PM   #5
JRTJH
Site Team

I think what you're asking is if the Reese Puck Mount Adapter will fit your truck and hitch?

If the Reese adapter you're looking at is the same as I have it will fit the Ford "Underbed fifth wheel" factory option.

Here is the link for what I ordered to fit my 2013 F250:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Essentially, it adapts the "in bed pucks" to any hitch that fits the "bed rails". I use it with a Curt 16K hitch. It will mount with any hitch that uses "in bed rails"...

It's about twice the price I bought mine for on Amazon last June, so you may find it cheaper somewhere else, but the Reese 30156 Adapter is what you need to get.

Hope this helps, any questions, just ask, I've been pulling with this adapter for about a year now.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 04:21 AM   #6
GmaPaTime

Here's exactly what I'm trying to do. I want to install the Reese Elite under bed mount kit (30126 for my truck). Instead of the Reese hitch, I want to use the B&W Companion hitch. I'm trying to find out if this setup will work. Reese says only the Elite hitch fits but it's the same configuration as the Ford hitch prep mount setup, which reese designed with Ford, and B&W along with Pull-Rite hitches fit into. Still waiting for an answer from B&W but was asking if anyone has proven that it will work.
2015 Jayco 31UL MH
2015 Cougar X-Lite 29RLI
Old 08-10-2014, 05:17 AM   #7
Javi

Quote:
Here's exactly what I'm trying to do. I want to install the Reese Elite under bed mount kit (30126 for my truck). Instead of the Reese hitch, I want to use the B&W Companion hitch. I'm trying to find out if this setup will work. Reese says only the Elite hitch fits but it's the same configuration as the Ford hitch prep mount setup, which reese designed with Ford, and B&W along with Pull-Rite hitches fit into. Still waiting for an answer from B&W but was asking if anyone has proven that it will work.
I guess I'm confused.. I installed the Reese under bed mount kit 30126 in my '12 F250 I then purchased a BW Companion OEM hitch RVK3300 and it dropped right into the Reese 30126 like it was MADE for it...

Like I said it was done in preparation for purchasing a new 5th wheel however circumstances beyond our control have delayed that purchase. But the hitch fits the under bed mounts.

Are you wanting to use the turnover ball style Companion part number RVK3500, or the Companion OEM hitch part number RVK3300
Old 08-10-2014, 07:31 AM   #8
PhatJoe

What you are trying to do will work. I had that set up on my 2011 F250 and now on my 2011 F350 dually. I installed the Reese puck system in both trucks and have the B&W OEM companion. The B&W hitch seems far superior to the reese.
PhatJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 08:48 AM   #9
GmaPaTime

@Javi and PhatJoe.... That's exactly what I want for my TV. Reese 30126 and the RVK3300 hitch. I did look into the Ford accessary puck mount install but Ford will not install and two RV places I contacted have never done one. Seems like the best of both worlds.
2015 Jayco 31UL MH
2015 Cougar X-Lite 29RLI
Old 08-10-2014, 08:58 AM   #10
Javi

Quote:
@Javi and PhatJoe.... That's exactly what I want for my TV. Reese 30126 and the RVK3300 hitch. I did look into the Ford accessary puck mount install but Ford will not install and two RV places I contacted have never done one. Seems like the best of both worlds.
From what I could see and speaking with the parts guy at the Ford house, the only difference between the "FORD" and Reese is the Ford cross pieces and frame rails are welded together and the Reese is bolt together.. Any way it went in very quickly, just be careful with raising the bed, watch the fuel tank connectors and fill hose, also watch the bed bolts.. they ain't all the same length and don't work well if you mix them up...