Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 05-24-2014, 06:48 AM   #1
ChuckS

Keystone Alpine 3010RE Second Trip

Just loving the Alpine 3010RE so far. Our second trip was for 4 days here in Idaho in the Sawtooth mountains. Boon docked along the S Fork of Boise river up in the mountains.

First time to test the two Honda 2000 generators and see what they would and would not do, see how the fridge worked, etc.

We find that 1 Honda 2000 will run the microwave or the internal vacuum along with the front TV set with no issues.

However we need both Honda 2000s running in parallel mode to start up either front or rear AC ( as expected ). Set generators off Eco mode to allow the AC compressor to start and once started then flipped both generators to ECO mode.. No issues with running this way and wife running the microwave or firing up her electric waffle maker.

Only minor issue was the darn Samsung DVD player had a glitch and didnt want to play DVDs .. I suspected this was due to needing a firm ware update.

Got home, removed DVD to house, plugged into internet, sure as heck there was a new firmware update addressing the issue we had as well as others. Downloaded firmware update. DVD player works perfect.

I'd recommend anyone with a new fifth wheel that has DVD player ( any brand ) to take the thing out of fiver into house and hook to internet and inside TV and check for firmware updates and install if ther are new updates. Might save you some grief down the road.

Towing up into the mountains and then down two lane road with pretty good down grade was uneventful The Alpine stayed right where it should, towed at 30 to 35 mph downhill on winding road and let the Allison transmission shift down and hold the speed. Very comfortable tow.

I've been watching the factory tires with my TPMS and I keep air at 80psi cold.. IO am amazed at how quickly the tire pressure rises from 80 to about 88psi during towing. This is in cooler weather. Tire temps as indicated by tpms rise also but noting that alarms me yet. Max tow speed is 62mph.. Always tow at this speed with every trailer owned. Fiver will be no different.
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 02:49 PM   #2
EVMIII

Sounds great. We picked up our Alpine 3010RE this afternoon. Pulled it about an hour home without any issue. Everything worked during our PDI, will be dragging it up to a State Park about an hour away next weekend for our maiden voyage. Thanks for the tip on the DVD, will drag it in sometime this week and check for updates. Enjoy, stay safe.

Bud
EVMIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 11:03 AM   #3
Pursuit

Alpine

We have had a few issues with our new (2013) Alpine.

1. Slides wouldn't come out - bad solenoid
2. Leak under kitchen sink - cracked connector
3. Microwave not working - being swapped out
4. No kitchen table extension - being shipped to us
4. Very poor water pressure at kitchen sink, so much so the spray nozzle doesn't work due to lack of pressure - have to investigate and will likely take down underbelly to find crimped water lines.....aaarrgghhh!
5. Poor heat flow through two rear ducts - ductwork likely crimped...see #4

Despite these initial issues, we are quite happy with the new 5er!
Old 05-26-2014, 03:37 PM   #4
Road-King

Thanks for the tip on the DVD. Never thought about that.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
2008 FLHRC 105th
Road-King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 12:40 PM   #5
EVMIII

Just returned from our maiden voyage and the Alpine 3010RE was fantastic. We spent three days/ nights at a local state park and tested every system thoroughly. We went through a couple turrential downpours that lasted a couple hours each with no water leaks in the camper. Filled and emptied all tanks with no apparent leaks. Great trip, great camper. Had a bunch of folks stop by to check out the new rig, a hit with everyone.

Definitely need to pick up a outdoor mat, with the weather it was tough to keep clean. Built in vacuum system worked great. Happy camping to all, hope to see you on the road. Stay safe.
EVMIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 03:14 AM   #6
ChuckS

Camping world has the nice polypropylene mats on sale right now... we currently have one 6 x 9 but ordered two of the smaller ones the other day over the internet.

They are really nice as they can be swept off easily with an inexpensive broom - wife bought broom at dollar store so it aint an expensive one

Glad your unit did well in the rain..

Suggestion - Wally World sells a spray made for slide outs - dry silicone so it don't attract dirt and dust.. We sprayed both the inner and the outer seals of each slide out and then actuated the slides twice to distribute the lubricant.

Also, I like to spray the extended portion of each of the hydraulic rams for the leveler legs just prior to retracting.. I think this will serve two purposes.. Cleans off the ram and lubricates the hydraulic seals as the rams are retracted back into the cylinder.

Another thing we added is a battery tender across the two batteries - one connection to one battery positive and one connection to the other battery negative terminals. When we are back home I plug in the battery tender and it keeps both batteries maintained.
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote