Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 05-08-2014, 05:57 PM   #1
Whitewolf

Aaaaarg!! *&#%&#$%!!!

In mid March, TWO MONTHS AGO! Hmmmmmmm calm, calm, Hmmmmmmm. Let's try this again.

In mid March, we traded our Rockwood Windjammer for a Montana High Country. MID MARCH! Hmmmmmmmm.

Since we're still working, and I use the bed of the truck more for things than pulling a Fiver, I wanted a Goose Neck Hitch. Lippert says I can use the Goosebox by Reese and not void the warranty. Great! Add that into the package!

Every week or so, the dealer would call me and ask about the snow situation. The Windjammer was in winter storage and I couldn't get it out til the snow got down to a reasonable depth. The dealer 'owns' the Windjammer on paper even though I'm in possession of it and I 'own' the High Country even though they're in possession of it. In fact I've been making payments on the High Country since late March. Hmmmmmmmm.

I talked the storage guy into letting me get it out with the snow gone in some places and 8" in others. Called the dealer to let them know I finally have the Windjammer in my possession. We agree to a time to make the trade. 8am on a Monday. That is a 3 1/2 hr drive from here. OK, so I gotta get up at 4am to do this. I can do this. DW asks what time I'm meeting him, I says 'WE'RE meeting at 8am and……… Hmmmmmmm.

Happy, happy, happy. Until. I come out of Canada and get enough signal to get a text(novel) from DW saying to call the dealer.

Longer story short, heres the thing.

Reese, makers of the Goosebox, the ONLY adapter approved by Lippert, moved their manufacturing to Mexico. Yeah, you can see where this is going. Hmmmmmmm.

Dealer promised they ordered the part in mid March when we finalized. I believe 'em. We can not, flat out, get the part.

Reese told the dealer that it would be 10 days before the part started in production. That was 14 days ago. I called Reese today. I could hear the Customer Service rep flipping pages trying to figure out what I was talking about. Finally he gave me a model the was what I was looking for and said the part is expected to hit his warehouse on MAY 30! REALLY!?!? Hmmmmmmm.

The dealer I deal with(that don't sound right, but you know what I mean) is looking into other manufacturers for products they would have ordered from Reese.

Reese screwed up. Plain and simple. Hmmmmmmm.

Now onto my second double Tullamore D.E.W. Hmmmmmmm. Hmmmmmm. Hmmmmmmm.

'14 Montana High Country 305RL - Reese Goose Box - Morryde HD shackles & wet bolts - JoyRider shocks - JT StrongArms - Torklift steps - Correct Track - Progressive EMS-HW50C - Clear Source water filter - On The Go water softener
'21 Ram 3500 w/6.7 Cummins - Sinister Diesel oil bypass
Whitewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 05:08 AM   #2
byrdr1

Ouch!!!!
hope it all works out for you
randy

Randy "Camp On"
2011 Cougar 327RES
2014 Ford F-350, 6.7L 4X4, CC, SRW
byrdr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 08:53 AM   #3
Springer

Sorry to hear that. At least you are drinking some very fine Irish wiskey.
Springer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 09:55 AM   #4
Barbarian Coug

I have been waiting since March for a Reese 5th Airborne Sidewinder Pin Box - delivery now scheduled for June 11. I am canceling the order after a phone call with a technician at Reese. He said the move to Mexico did not go well. They are having start-up problems where they can't find all he machinery they sent to Mexico - thus they can't build certain items. He said Reese had tried to put enough inventory on the shelves to make it through the start-up period. But he said the shelves are starting to run empty.
Barbarian Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 05:44 PM   #5
Whitewolf

Barbarian-
I saw this in the 'For Sale/Wanted' section.

http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/showthread.php?t=12290

'14 Montana High Country 305RL - Reese Goose Box - Morryde HD shackles & wet bolts - JoyRider shocks - JT StrongArms - Torklift steps - Correct Track - Progressive EMS-HW50C - Clear Source water filter - On The Go water softener
'21 Ram 3500 w/6.7 Cummins - Sinister Diesel oil bypass
Whitewolf is offline   Reply With Quote