Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 09-25-2018, 04:37 AM   #281
Tdogg0413

Quote:
Originally Posted by truth View Post
My 336 did the same thing. The screw did catch my kitchen slide and it ripped the trim off. I'm waiting until the end of the season to bring it in for warranty work.
What did you find on this? Did the screw pop through from the bottom, or did it come from the slide? Looks like mine did the same thing, I was totally perplexed by it!
Tdogg0413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 08:58 AM   #282
Sledjed

I had the same issue. There is 2 of them, one one either side of the island. Both of mine came up at different times putting holes in the vinyl flooring on either side of the island. I kept screwing them back down until one day I finally pulled off the under belly of the trailer to try to find out what they were for and why they kept popping up. They go into a cross member under the trailer. Looked like they were just holding down the wood flooring. Not sure why they had to be so long. The cross member is pretty light gauge steel and my guess is the threads pulled out from the movement going down the road, and he screws would work there way up. Not sure how important they are, but I guess they must have put them there for a reason, but they are the only 2 like them that I could find under the entire trailer. I ended up putting a washer, lock washer, nut and red locktite on both of them. It was a pain taking the entire underbelly off the trailer so I was making sure they weren't coming up again.
Sledjed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 09:57 AM   #283
Tdogg0413

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledjed View Post
I had the same issue. There is 2 of them, one one either side of the island. Both of mine came up at different times putting holes in the vinyl flooring on either side of the island. I kept screwing them back down until one day I finally pulled off the under belly of the trailer to try to find out what they were for and why they kept popping up. They go into a cross member under the trailer. Looked like they were just holding down the wood flooring. Not sure why they had to be so long. The cross member is pretty light gauge steel and my guess is the threads pulled out from the movement going down the road, and he screws would work there way up. Not sure how important they are, but I guess they must have put them there for a reason, but they are the only 2 like them that I could find under the entire trailer. I ended up putting a washer, lock washer, nut and red locktite on both of them. It was a pain taking the entire underbelly off the trailer so I was making sure they weren't coming up again.
Interesting. So thoughts on what I should do? In the short term, I guess just screw it back in from the top and hope for the best? I just don't want anymore damage to the slide out, it's already loosened and damaged the slide from being caught...Thanks for the info!
Old 09-30-2018, 10:35 AM   #284
Sledjed

You could try taking it out and applying some sort of thread locker like loctite on it then screw it back down. Might hold it in.
Old 10-04-2018, 04:14 PM   #285
Tdogg0413

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeknox View Post

Questions:

What type & size screws should I add to the awning to fix this?

I saw where several guys mounted the spare tire under the coach. Does anyone have pics or a certain kit they used? I would like to mount mine under the coach as welll
About a month in to ownership, I just saw my awning is coming away at both ends. Middle seems fine. What did end up doing? Did you remove the awning to complete the repair? What screws did you use?

Thanks!
Old 10-04-2018, 04:17 PM   #286
Tdogg0413

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1eyedmolly View Post
Floor Screw Pop ... 1/4-20 self tapping screw in 1/8" thick channel support flange. Thread in Flange striped. (see photos)
Measured screw location in trailer. Located screw by cutting the under belly. Used 1/4" nom. Lock washer & 1/4-20 Nut to secure screw to support flange.
Glued the linoleum down.
Hope there are no more.
We Love our Laredo.
Have you had any more pop? What are the consequences of just removing it? What is it actually holding? I have one that popped up in front of the island in my 336, and promply ripped off the molding of the kitchen slide!

Thanks!
Old 10-08-2018, 03:07 PM   #287
Sledjed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tdogg0413 View Post
Have you had any more pop? What are the consequences of just removing it? What is it actually holding? I have one that popped up in front of the island in my 336, and promply ripped off the molding of the kitchen slide!

Thanks!

I answered most of your questions 4 posts up[emoji115]
Old 11-02-2018, 04:54 AM   #288

Dealer put mine back in w thread lock and epoxy over the top. Came back thru and made the hole bigger. Said it was common and keystone advised it was not needed. Dealer removed screw and patched the hole again. Haven’t had a problem since. About 10k miles and 2 years.
Old 04-05-2019, 10:13 AM   #289

Anyone know what the brake kit and bearing kit model #s are. Was planning to take a look at that stuff this season. I have greased the bearings but never inspected them. Didn’t think it had anywhere near the use that would warrant replacement. But guys are doing it yearly on some forums. Have prob 15-20k on the trailer. Starting our 4th season in it. Put new tires last year should have done it then. Just put brakes on the Duramax. At about 1,500$ so I want to make sure the camper brakes are good. Would like to price out the parts and get them on hand so if needed I can replace. If not I’ll have them ready for when I do.
Old 07-09-2019, 12:33 PM   #290
Tdogg0413

Quote:
Originally Posted by 336 View Post
Anyone have a link to a lighted switch that matches the ones in the panel for the interior lights. I'm looking for one that is lit all the time, off position as well. I want to replace the pendant light switch with it so it's easy to see when entering the camper in the dark. I know they make these type, I had some in a previous camper. I have found the ones that are illuminated in the on position. And found some 110 that are illuminated full time. Looking for 12v always illuminated same size and style as what in the panel now.

Were you ever able to find this switch? Was also just thinking of moving to a switch outside the cabinet door! Thanks!
Old 07-12-2019, 02:56 PM   #291
Tdogg0413

Quote:
Originally Posted by cant_remember_ID View Post
I added a light switch for the Pendant lights and the overhead lights in the kitchen area. I hated fumbling with the switch in the dark that was located in the control panel.

I cut a square hole below and left of the thermostat. I unhooked one wire that was connected to the switch in the control panel, pulled it down through the hole. I ran a new wire from the new switch to the switch in the control panel. Now both switches have to be on for the light to come one, but I will probably leave the control switch on all the time.

I know it's been a while, but any chance you have any info on which wires you unhooked and rerouted? Or can possibly point me to the info? I got a 2 outlet switch, I want to run both the pendant and ceiling lights to the double switches. Thanks!