Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 11-14-2015, 01:43 PM   #1
Gumby52

Greetings from Avon, CT

Although today it feels more like Churchill Falls, Canada...
We bought our Passport 171EXP this past August. Just winterized it today. We pull it with a Land Rover LR3. It's just the 4 of us now, DW, myself and 2 shelties - so it's plenty of room.

We've always enjoyed camping, and have gone through the typical progression. Starting with a tent, bought a Coleman pop up in 1994 (I loved that sucker) and bought a Trail Cruiser HTT in 2005. We finally decided to upgrade even though it's basically the same size. It's amazing the advancements they've made in trailers in the past 10 years. This one is so easy to set up, no climbing to reach the bed end latches, no fussing with tent end supports or canvas - just lift the lever at chest height, drop the beds and voila - we have a second home bigger than our first apartment. And the awning! Push a button and it extends out. Now, if I could only find the button that sets up and starts the camp fire.....

We're looking forward to getting many years out of this one as well.
So if you see us on the road - make sure you wave, and if you see us in a campground - stop by to say hello. There's always an extra chair and a wide selection of beverages.

Gary
Gumby52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 01:55 PM   #2
14george

from W Va love the Shellie's we all so got two
Old 11-14-2015, 04:34 PM   #3
GaryWT

Congrats and good luck, enjoy. Sound like it will be fun.
GaryWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 06:01 PM   #4
sourdough
Site Team

to the forum and congrats on the new rig. Sounds like you'll have a lot of fun. I'm sitting in southern NM right now....about 59 degrees (cold front coming in
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 09:17 AM   #5
JimQ

Welcome Gary! Congrats on your purchase. We camp quite often in Ct. Have Fun !
JimQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 09:53 AM   #6
cw3jason

Welcome, from Stafford CT.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
B&W Patriot 16k fifth wheel hitch
cw3jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 02:22 PM   #7
Gaffer222

Welcome from New Hartford, CT
DW, DD Circa 2002, DD Circa 2005
Gaffer222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 12:35 PM   #8
Gumby52

Okay, So I'm not even sure I'm posting this in the right forum - but since it's only my second post, it's really more of a re-introduction.

Not that I don't visit the forums - I'm on at least 2-3 weekly. I just haven't had anything to add to any of the discussions that wasn't already in the thread As far as questions go, I've been able to get the answers I need (not always the answer I'm looking for though) by using the search button. That and the weekly newsletter of current topics, I get answers to questions I didn't even think to ask.

A lot has changed since my 1st post. That Passport hybrid was nice, but the biggest complaint I had was the bed. It was a split mattress that folded out and the seam was right where I lay. Felt the hinge all night long, tried everything to remedy it but nothing worked.

2 years later we got a 2017 Passport Elite 19RB with 1 slide out. The trailer was really nicely outfitted, lots of counter space, king bed etc. 2 major problems I had was both the HW heater and furnace exhausted on the curb side, right where we sit under the awning (you do not want to be there when the furnace kicked on), and being a mid-entry with a rear bath it was a challenge getting past the slide out to the bathroom while on the road. 1 minor issue was the king bed really didn't give any space on either side, I was able to remedy that by cutting the platform down to queen and replacing the mattress.

The next year we made the mistake of attending an RV Show. We actually found one that I hope we'll keep for a long time. In early spring 2018 we took delivery of our Cougar Half-Ton 22RBS. Rear entry, rear bath-check. Furnace exhaust on the street side of trailer - great. The water heater is still on the curb side, but it's past the entry door so it's not a problem at all. Still I've made modifications to other things, but that another post. All the great things from the previous trailers and now power articulated stabilizer jacks - I always disliked those scissor jacks hanging off the bottom.

In the past 2 seasons we made more use of this trailer than we ever have. Hopefully this one's a keeper.

Gary
Gumby52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 01:25 PM   #9
Logan X

Thanks for the update and congratulations on your new trailer!
Logan X is offline   Reply With Quote