Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 12-16-2016, 07:58 AM   #1
team222

SOLVED: These lights will not go off: Security, hitch and under front steps lights

2010 Montana 3750FL

These outside lights on the unit door side won't go off using DS panel switch: Security, hitch and under front steps yellow lights

The other security light on the non door unit side ....does go on and off using the ODS switch.

We have never used the remote and the battery in it appears to be dead. Took the screw out, but the front and back would not come apart.

Greatly appreciate any advise/help.

Mike
team222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 08:05 AM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

It's probably the remote unit that "burped" as the battery went dead. If you disconnect your trailer battery (at the terminals, the battery switch won't work) it will "reset" the remote control "main panel". Then your light should work at the switch. Once you do decide to replace the battery in your remote, you'll probably have to do the "initialization/pairing" sequence. Look at your owner's manual for the remote (not the Keystone booklet) for instructions on how to replace the battery and how to get it working after replacement...

Good Luck,

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 09:21 AM   #3
team222

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
It's probably the remote unit that "burped" as the battery went dead. If you disconnect your trailer battery (at the terminals, the battery switch won't work) it will "reset" the remote control "main panel". Then your light should work at the switch. Once you do decide to replace the battery in your remote, you'll probably have to do the "initialization/pairing" sequence. Look at your owner's manual for the remote (not the Keystone booklet) for instructions on how to replace the battery and how to get it working after replacement...

Good Luck,
Hello John...

I disconnected the trailer battery and the three lights per my post still stayed on.

Then I pulled our the 50a cable out of the RV park post connection.... pushed it back in ....that worked.

The three lights now go on and off using the DS switch.

Thanks for your reply and help

Mike
team222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 10:56 AM   #4
Campy

Disconnecting the battery while your "pugged in" will not reset the board since you are still providing 12v from the shorepower converter, but you already figured that out by unplugging the 50 amp cord.
Old 12-16-2016, 12:57 PM   #5
JRTJH
Site Team

Yup, "what campy said" LOL I'm glad it worked out for you. Now, just to find that darned owner's manual, replace the battery and reset the remote and you'll be "back in the saddle again"

Have a great "rest of the day"

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 07:55 PM   #6
RLM5150

Quote:
Originally Posted by team222 View Post

We have never used the remote and the battery in it appears to be dead. Took the screw out, but the front and back would not come apart.

Are you sure the remote isn't a rechargeable? My Outback has a remote and it has a usb connection to recharge the batteries.
RLM5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 03:56 PM   #7
team222

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLM5150 View Post
Are you sure the remote isn't a rechargeable? My Outback has a remote and it has a usb connection to recharge the batteries.
There are no holes or slots of any type in the top or bottom case halves for remote charging

There was a small screw in the case tabs at the bottom of the remote which I removed. See top pix and tabs are on the right/3 oclock.

With the case tab screw removed the upper and lower case halves would not come apart = most likely me not smart enough yet again to figure it out .....but brute force split them enough to get the battery out. Seeee pix

Thanks everyone for all your help

Mike
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	a120161215_195111.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	133.0 KB
ID:	11641   Click image for larger version

Name:	aa20161218_154930.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	247.1 KB
ID:	11642   Click image for larger version