Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 06-28-2016, 03:30 PM   #1
Pull Toy

AAA RV Plus coverage...

We live in Connecticut, and have "Triple A, RV Plus" membership, which obviously, also covers "RV" calamities. (DUH)

We were in Worchester,Massachusetts last week and suffered a tread separation/blow-out on the interstate. We managed to limp off to a safe location, and called AAA! Wonder of wonders, RV Plus is not approved in RI., or MA. They wanted us to hire a "Commercial Salver" for $150.00+ up front, just to change a tire! and fight for reimbursement from AAA, CT. Fought for over 3 hours to get a simple tire change. ( I had the jack, the spare, the lug wrench, etc...)

Finally fought with a manager, problem solved, and back on road in less than 20 minutes.

just got home last night, will request accounting from AAA why I'm paying for coverage that is not "Universal"... stay tuned....!

Pull Toy

Steve & Jan, Ava & Emma (Mini Schnauzers):
2016 F350 Lariat 4X4 Powerstroke CC/SB "PULLTOY V"
2013 Alpine 3535RE "MAGIC CARPET IV"
Proud Navy Vet!
Pull Toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 04:21 PM   #2
WaltBennett

I've heard several stories like yours from AAA members (not to mention a lot of supposed RV road service providers too). We've had CoachNet for over four years and had our shares of breakdowns and whatever. They've always come through with better service than I would have expected from anyone. One time we had a tire leak that we found at a rest stop. They had a mobile service guy there within 40 minutes and we were back on the road in an hour. The second time we had an internal engine problem and shut down, they had a tow truck show up that had it's own problem and couldn't deliver a tow. They had a shift change at where ever their HQ is and we spent a night on the road in a weigh station. When I called asking where our tow was the next morning, they emergency sent one and also towed us almost 50 miles (no charge) to a truck dealership that could fix the problem overnight instead of a local one that wouldn't be open until two days later.

Bottom line, any of these outfits can screw up, but when one makes it all good, I'm sticking with them. Also, don't have unreasonable expectations when you have a problem in the middle of no where!

'06 F350 Lariat turbo diesel dually, Curt 20k, Softopper, Aerosheld, coolant filter, air bags
'10 3665RE Hickory, wet bolts, Trimetric battery monitor, 4 100w panels & Morningstar TS-45, still tweeking!
WaltBennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 04:28 PM   #3
swanson

Yes we went with Good Sam for road service. I haven't had any trouble for years, knock on wood.
swanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 11:56 AM   #4
sourdough
Site Team

Had AAA for years but they have so many little "outs" about coverage, particularly with an RV, that we dropped them and went with Geico. We also have Good Sam roadside assistance in addition to Geico and both have been good - with no "dead" spots like AAA.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote