Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 06-01-2013, 06:10 AM   #1
Wingnut

New Member Intro

My wife and I purchased our first camper, a Passport 285RL, about a month ago. There was a two week delay in bringing it home due to a SNAFU in having a tow package installed on the SUV (my truck met an unfortunate demise when a large tree crushed it during a windstorm). Upon getting it home, our neighbors (experienced campers) discovered that the slide awning was installed incorrectly and was damaging the slide and awning. The dealer picked it up from the house and repaired the awning. They redelivered the trailer while we were not home yesterday. Unfortunately, the plate under the tongue jack is now bent up at a 45 degree angle, there is a dent on the upper road side with red transfer paint where it was towed into something, one of the door locks no longer works and some of the interior lights are now inoperative. I took pics and sent them to the dealer last night and we are still planning to take it camping for the first time today at a nearby state park. I hope that the worse is behind us, and that we have many enjoyable years of camping ahead! I have been searching the forum and gleaning knowledge from all of you-thank you for sharing your experiences!
Wingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 06:52 AM   #2
davidjsimons

Welcome. I am sure you will be able to get all of this resolved. Then, you can truly enjoy your new camper. Good luck and keep us posted on your progress.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
davidjsimons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 07:13 AM   #3
Javi

Howdy and welcome to the forum, hope everything works out for you.. safe travels
Old 06-02-2013, 02:24 PM   #4
Wingnut

Thanks for the welcome! We just returned from our first "trip." We spent Sat night in a local State Park. We had a great time although we discovered an issue with our city water hookup leaking at the connection to the trailer and we got water in the pass thru. On the way home we dropped the trailer back off at the dealer. Hopefully, it will be ready for this weekend as we can't wait to go again!
Wingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 02:31 AM   #5
crash

to the forum.You gotta love them new trailer blues.I am sure you will get everything worked out and have many Happy years of camping.
2008 F350 chipped and bagged 6.4 power stroke crew cab 4x4.2013 384pk Raptor (Gravy Train) 2006 Fatboy w/18inch ape hangers,2006 883c sporty,Army wife Kim,Cocoa (The Boarder Collie) and Rebel (The English Bulldog) (THE RICH RAGE WAR,BUT ITS THE POOR THAT DIE)
crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 04:10 AM   #6
GaryWT

Welcome to the forum. I hope all gets fixed for you so you can go off and enjoy your new rig.
GaryWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 07:09 AM   #7
suza

Welcome to the forum. Hope things get better for you. We just got a new 5th-wheel. I'm crossing my toes, fingers, and eyes, hoping everything goes smoothly. We have spent two nights in the 5W, at our personal campground. Going on our first trip on Thursday (150 mi) and dry camping. Have to stop at the dealer's on the way and have a few minor adjustments made and clarify some operations. Other than that, so far so good. Sounds like you were off to a rough start.

All things said, we plan on having a really great time in our new Cougar.
Bridge, OR
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2014 Cougar 279RKS
2013 F-350 Super Duty Powerstroke 4WD LB CC

https://i1365.photobucket.com/albums/...ps78607eca.jpg
suza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 08:48 AM   #8
azlee56

Welcome! I guess at first a person just needs to smile and learn patience as all the quirks are worked out.

Suza, you have a personal campground??!! (mine would be my back yard).
Old 06-03-2013, 01:17 PM   #9
suza

Smile

Yes, you heard correctly. We live on a 140 acre ranch - 100 acres of timbered hillside and 40 acres of pasture and creek frontage. Our home sits on a knoll overlooking a flat along the creek with scattered 150 yr old Douglas Fir. I guess you could say it's in our backyard! It's unimproved (except when we run water down over the hill from the house and sometimes an extension cord There's a huge, rough sawn table, a fire pit, an outhouse, and lots of room for our kids (adult), siblings, cousins, grandkids, pets and other extended family. Sometimes our cattle join the party and we have to get out the shovel and wheelbarrow. The creek is close, for fishing, swimming, crawdadding, and kayaks. We do have limited cell phone reception and wireless Internet (but I don't tell anyone). Oh, and did I mention? - plenty of space for campers! We keep it primative so our family doesn't stay too long Every year, over 4th of July weekend, we host a family reunion and every 5 or so years, our HS class reunion.

It's our own little piece of heaven. I guess you can say we are blessed
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Campground.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	100.8 KB
ID:	3287  
Bridge, OR
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2014 Cougar 279RKS
2013 F-350 Super Duty Powerstroke 4WD LB CC

https://i1365.photobucket.com/albums/...ps78607eca.jpg
suza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 02:03 AM   #10
crash

Not mad just jealous
2008 F350 chipped and bagged 6.4 power stroke crew cab 4x4.2013 384pk Raptor (Gravy Train) 2006 Fatboy w/18inch ape hangers,2006 883c sporty,Army wife Kim,Cocoa (The Boarder Collie) and Rebel (The English Bulldog) (THE RICH RAGE WAR,BUT ITS THE POOR THAT DIE)
crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 07:53 AM   #11
JRTJH
Site Team

My comment would be that you don't have to worry about tires for your RV. Just take em off, put the thing on blocks and never move it LOL

Awsome "personal campground" Like Crash, there's a bit of envy

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote