Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 05-02-2013, 12:47 PM   #1
Wdwfamof4

Happy Campers

Hello we are owners of a 2013 Sprinter 297RET. We loved the floor plan, wanting a different option other than bunks for our kids. The opposing slides with sleeper sofas are great! Our only complaint after using it last season was our bedroom. There is barely any room to walk around the bed, and the thought of changing in there is almost impossible unless you lean up against the walls to do so The wardrobe closets are not well designed. The pole in the closets are hung too low causing all shirts to puddle into a wrinkled mess on the bottom. You cannot hang pants at all, but you should be able to hang shirts! I emailed Keystone shortly after we bought it to rate our new Travel Trailer, and informed them of our likes and dislikes...what do you know, now to finish out the 2013 Sprinter model of our camper is the 299RET! This adds the bed on a slide in the bedroom and makes the entire front wall a wardrobe closet with an optional washer dryer hookup! THIS would be our dream camper We called Keystone recently asking them any suggestions on our closet situation and pretty much we were blown off and told, it is what it is. Well, we were just wanting to see since they changed the layout, obviously to fix the poor design to begin with, if they recommended any solutions to us....no help. If we modify anything it "voids any warranties" Does anyone have any solutions or suggestions to fixing our closet situation. I like being able to hang our clothes, but if I have to resort to folding our shirts, I will. I just like organization....please help! Thanks!
Wdwfamof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 01:21 PM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

Is there a small "cubby" above the main cabinet where you hang clothes? We have two closets, one on either side of the bed, both of which are not really long enough. Each closet has a small, cubby above the main cabinet and I have been toying with the idea of removing the shelf, moving the rod up a few inches thus creating a longer storage area.

In the meantime while I am "thinking", we just make do with the short closet. I fold my pants in half then hang them up. The shirts, well, they just get a bit crinkled up on the bottom. I tuck them into my pants so you can't see the bottom part of the shirt.

At my age, a few wrinkles in a shirt goes well with the wrinkles on my brow.

I am sure if you modified the closet to your liking, it wouldn't be a big deal and I wouldn't worry about voiding warranty. I think this applies mainly to structural changes or major electrical and plumbing modifications or any other modification that could result in some sort of damage if altered. Making a change to your cabinet should not be a cause for concern.
Old 05-02-2013, 01:50 PM   #3
Wdwfamof4

Thanks for responding! We have the 2 closets on either side of the bed but the cubby goes across the top of the bed, and stops at the closets. The closet pretty much goes from ceiling to half way down the wall next to the bed. We were wanting to move the bar up almost to the top of the closet, but we don't have the schematics of what possibly is running along the top of the closet through the ceiling. We asked Keystone and that is pretty much what the guy said about voiding the warranty & "we don't recommend any modifications". So they told us, you could take it to the dealer to see what they could do for you. Well, we aren't looking to get charged an outrageous amount for something we can do if we were guided in the right direction. If they would have just hung the bar up higher, it would have made so much more sense! Just makes us nervous to move it without knowing what is on the other side. It is so short, even pants folded in half hang on the bottom of the closet
Wdwfamof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:09 PM   #4
wbatto

I feel your pain

We had a 2011 297 ret. We loved the living room but hated the bedroom and the storage cubby.
wbatto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:22 PM   #5
GaryWT

I believe most brands that have closets next to the bed are basically the same. I did not think people hung things up while camping. We have always flooded our clothes.
GaryWT is offline   Reply With Quote