Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 02-18-2017, 10:55 AM   #1
Richard Noble

Different fifth wheel

I'm beginning the long search for a different fifth wheel. I've narrowed it down to Grand Design Solitude, Montana or Alpine. What are you folks experience with these?
Richard Noble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 11:13 AM   #2
Jime

I have the Montana 3710fl, my friend has the comparable Solitude. Both units seem to be close. The only BIG deal that I see is Montana uses the whisper quiet A/C units the Solitude does not. We both have front living, however, when his front A/C kicks on we can hardly hold a conversation. now mind you we are both in our sixties and neither one of hear well LOL, but unless I had the A/C changed out before I bought the Solitude, that would be a deal breaker for me.

As far as units both seem great and work very well for us both. But my buddies wife always points out the A/C, and as always, I have to add fuel to the fire. What did you say?
Jime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 11:18 AM   #3
Richard Noble

Thank you, Jime. That was not something I would have checked.
Old 02-18-2017, 05:56 PM   #4
bsmith0404

Love the Alpine. We looked at the Montana, and liked them as well, but the Alpine was just a better unit for us. As far as I'm concerned, the difference is like buying a GMC or Chevy. Small trim changes, maybe a difference in an option here or there, but basically the same unit. For us at the time, the heat pump on the Alpine was a big difference maker, I think the Montana has them now as well. The other big difference was the price, the Montana dealer was not flexible and kept reminding us that the Montana has been the best selling 5th wheel for 950 consecutive years. That was his excuse for not working a better deal. The dealer that had the Alpine was very easy to work with and gave us a great deal.

I have looked at Grand Design recently and I'm very impressed by them as well.

If the floor plan , colors, and price was right I wouldn't hesitate to buy any of them.

Brent
2013 Alpine 3500RE
2019 Silverado 2500HD Duramax
U.S. Air Force Retired (25 yrs)
bsmith0404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 08:33 PM   #5
Richard Noble

Thanks for this reply. That is about the same conclusion I had come to. My search will also involve which dealer to buy from.
Old 02-19-2017, 06:35 AM   #6
Ddubya

Love our ALPINE but anything you find from your list that suits your needs would be good.

Ddubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 07:38 AM   #7
fatcatzzz

Wife and I just ordered a Montana 3720, Alpine was second choice. Find the one that suits YOU best and enjoy.
fatcatzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 12:45 PM   #8
Richard Noble

Thank You, one and all. I'm even thinking about looking into park models. We have found a really neat park in El Centro, CA and may want to put down roots here. We would keep our '08 Challenger for summer trips. All plans are subject to change!
Old 02-20-2017, 06:32 AM   #9
Don_T

We have a new Alpine 3301GR. We like it for the rear kitchen and computer desk. When we did the PDI we went through everything carefully. We found a couple of minor issues which were fixed on the spot. We like the Montana and Solitude but the floor plan on the Alpine won out.

Tags
fifth wheel