Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 02-19-2018, 08:40 AM   #21
kevl137

Well got it picked up. I swear that 40' did not look this long at the RV Show. lol
kevl137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 05:58 PM   #22
Tbos

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevl137 View Post
Well got it picked up. I swear that 40' did not look this long at the RV Show. lol

I was at a hotel last night and a couple of 5th wheels were staying there for the night too. The DW asked if the biggest one there was bigger than the one we are getting? I looked it up. It’s the same size. You are right, they look smaller at the RV show.

2016 Passport GT 2810BHS, 2016 F350 CC DRW
Tbos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 07:53 PM   #23
travelin texans

Quote:
I'll give you a good piece of advice on your new 5er. Don't commit to a state/national park until you drive through without the 5er, they will tell you they have big rig sites & do, but getting to them with a 40' 5er & a truck with wide hips is next to impossible. This has been the case for us on numerous occasions & only about 1 in 10 we can actually get into.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 08:30 AM   #24
5th_Wheelin

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin texans View Post
I'll give you a good piece of advice on your new 5er. Don't commit to a state/national park until you drive through without the 5er, they will tell you they have big rig sites & do, but getting to them with a 40' 5er & a truck with wide hips is next to impossible. This has been the case for us on numerous occasions & only about 1 in 10 we can actually get into.
Wow, I haven't had luck like that yet. We have taken our 5er out 4 times now, to 4 different parks (2 SP, 2 COE) and were able to fit without too much of a hassle. Yes, we do call first and yes we did have a really tight fit one time. But, over all, it's been smooth sailing.
5th_Wheelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 09:29 AM   #25
kevl137

Good to know. I had a 37' bumper pull and had some tight spots but have been lucky so far.
Old 02-20-2018, 02:37 PM   #26
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th_Wheelin View Post
Wow, I haven't had luck like that yet. We have taken our 5er out 4 times now, to 4 different parks (2 SP, 2 COE) and were able to fit without too much of a hassle. Yes, we do call first and yes we did have a really tight fit one time. But, over all, it's been smooth sailing.
Quote:
Good to know. I had a 37' bumper pull and had some tight spots but have been lucky so far.
Both of you are from Texas also & I've not been in a Texas state like I mentioned, but states with lots of big trees, tree hugger states, Washington, Colorado as examples are where you better check first..
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 06:28 AM   #27
Eric23

New 368MBI Owner

We just bought the Cougar 368MBI and took it on a 7 night, 2 state break-in trip. Overall, we loved it. We found two issues though and I wanted to see if you've had them since it looks like you've owned yours for a couple of months now.

1) The floor in the main living/kitchen area seems weak over the heating ducts. It flexes enough that the kitchen island actually rocks back and forth.

2) The bedroom slide leaks when its out during the rain. It appears to be a design flaw because the rubber seal channels water down to the bottom of the slide which is a flat plastic trim piece. The water pools there until it runs inside the rig at the corner of the bed slide. The rig was perfectly level on a concrete pad site and it was leaking a fair amount.

We can't get it back into our dealer for 3 weeks to get checked so I was curious if you've had either of these issues?

Thanks for any info and/or feedback.

Eric
Eric23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 06:35 AM   #28
kevl137

I have noticed the island rocking when walking around it. Im taking mine in for a few minor fixes this weekend and i will bring that up. I have not noticed any water leaking around the bedroom slide. I will keep an eye out for that. Let me know what you find out when you take it in.
Old 04-09-2018, 08:04 PM   #29
Eric23

Quote:
I have noticed the island rocking when walking around it. Im taking mine in for a few minor fixes this weekend and i will bring that up. I have not noticed any water leaking around the bedroom slide. I will keep an eye out for that. Let me know what you find out when you take it in.
I went to the local dealer who has another brand new 368MBI on their lot. The center island rocked a little bit but not nearly as much as ours does. I'm hoping it just became loose from the 1,100 miles of towing we racked up on the first trip. And that they can tighten it down. I looked more closely at the construction of the center island and it's pretty cheaply made. I think it is going to require some extra added support inside to keep it more rigid and secure. Fingers crossed its something simple and not a major repair/issue already. I'll let you know what they say. Please let me know if they give you any insight when you bring yours in.
Old 04-10-2018, 04:48 AM   #30
JRTJH
Site Team

There are 4 or 5 threads in the past 3 years that discuss the "rocking" or "loose" center island. If you do a forum search, you should find at least some historical data about the topic. Remember that trailers are designed to flex and move when being towed and that usually means that they aren't "braced and supported to not move" like islands in a S&B home. What you're seeing may be a "engineered in feature" to prevent the island from coming apart when the trailer is moving down the highway. Then again, yours may be moving more than it should. Your dealer should be able to make that determination.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 03:25 PM   #31
Eric23

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
There are 4 or 5 threads in the past 3 years that discuss the "rocking" or "loose" center island. If you do a forum search, you should find at least some historical data about the topic. Remember that trailers are designed to flex and move when being towed and that usually means that they aren't "braced and supported to not move" like islands in a S&B home. What you're seeing may be a "engineered in feature" to prevent the island from coming apart when the trailer is moving down the highway. Then again, yours may be moving more than it should. Your dealer should be able to make that determination.
I hadn't really thought about it purposely engineered like that but its a good point to consider. I'll keep that in mind when we are dealing with them. When I walked in the other 368MBI they have at the dealer the center island moved a little bit but not as much as ours. And our biggest concern was the floor seemed to flex a lot more than it seems like it should. When I walk around the center island without touching it the floor flexes enough to make the center island rock enough to shake anything sitting on it. I'm not a small guy (275lbs) so I had my wife and my friends wife who's less than 150lbs walk around and it did the same thing so I don't think its just my weight. I'm just really worried that its indicative of a major structural issue that is going to be costly and time consuming to get fixed. Only time will tell I guess.

I'll search the forums for these issues to see what I can find. I'm new here and didn't realize that was possible. Thanks for the info!
Old 04-11-2018, 06:01 PM   #32
JRTJH
Site Team

You're welcome. I'm not saying you don't have a problem, it's completely possible that something was "mis-built" or incorrectly assembled in your trailer. Your dealership should be able to help you differentiate between "wrong" and "OK". I was pointing out something I think is important for all of us to remember. That's the fact that a travel trailer can not be constructed like a S&B house. If it were, it would literally "shake itself apart" during the first trip over a rough road.

I'd urge you to keep your dealer "interested" in making your trailer perform like all the others that are similar in floorplan and equipment. If none of them "wobble" then yours shouldn't either, but if all of them "have a little play" then yours should be very similar. If there's a significant difference in island stability, then Keystone should step up to the plate and fix yours.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 05:23 AM   #33
Jordan family

We have had ours for a year now we love it. But we have had several problems if you need anything just ask.
Jordan family is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cougar, keystone