Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 03-04-2017, 07:14 PM   #1
smokeater05

Hideout 175lhs

Anyone with a Hideout have problems with water leaks? My camper has been in the shop two times for a water. This time around, still in the shop, they have to replace a ceiling panel and seal the roof again.. Its been in the shop two months this go around. Its literally been in the shop half the time of owned it in 6 months. I've been in contact with Keystone directly to extend my warranty, for water leaks only, another year. Outside of the water leaks we love the features with this camper.
smokeater05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 05:27 AM   #2
CrazyCain

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeater05 View Post
Anyone with a Hideout have problems with water leaks? My camper has been in the shop two times for a water. This time around, still in the shop, they have to replace a ceiling panel and seal the roof again.. Its been in the shop two months this go around. Its literally been in the shop half the time of owned it in 6 months. I've been in contact with Keystone directly to extend my warranty, for water leaks only, another year. Outside of the water leaks we love the features with this camper.

Sorry to hear this. Where was (is) the water leak?

2011 Chevy Silverado
1500, HD Tow Package
2017 Keystone Hideout 177LHS Carlisle Radial HDs
:
CrazyCain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 05:34 AM   #3
smokeater05

Leak

The water leak is in the front of the camper. I had water in the front storage area. The first leak I was told was coming from the marker light. When I picked it up they told me they sealed the light and a few spots on the roof. About month later found water in the front storage area again and water dripping from the ceiling. Still in the shop after two months
Old 03-05-2017, 09:01 AM   #4
smokeater05

Leaks

Pics r worth a thousand words
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0108170938.jpg
Views:	239
Size:	77.4 KB
ID:	11960   Click image for larger version

Name:	1213161050a.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	155.6 KB
ID:	11961  
Old 02-19-2018, 03:54 PM   #5
DanPhil

Same problem. Same model. Same wrecked ceiling panel. Please update if you find the true source.
DanPhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 05:23 PM   #6
mlk1950

The heading of your post says Hideout 175lhs, but your profile says 175bh. The 175bh I think is the Hideout Passport. The reason I ask is I believe they have different siding materials. I have the 2015 Hideout 175lhs and it has the horizontal aluminum siding.
mlk1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 06:45 AM   #7
DanPhil

I'm not sure if you are referring to OP or my profile. I own a '16 Hideout 175LHS. Roof is sealed up well and A/C is through wall. Once out of storage, I'm taking it in for repair and panel replacement. It would be great to know if there is a likely leak location.
DanPhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 07:28 AM   #8
mlk1950

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanPhil View Post
I'm not sure if you are referring to OP or my profile. I own a '16 Hideout 175LHS. Roof is sealed up well and A/C is through wall. Once out of storage, I'm taking it in for repair and panel replacement. It would be great to know if there is a likely leak location.
Sorry for the confusion, I was referring to Smokeater05's first post. The heading of the thread says 175lhs, but his profile says 175bh. My bad, I hit the wrong reply button. Water leaks can be a bear to track down. The 3 places that would be suspect to me would be #1 the trim strip across the top where roof material meets the siding on the front, #2 marker lights and #3 along the trim going down the sides on the front. On my previous RV, it had the horizontal aluminum siding. The water was wicking up under the joint where the top piece of siding slid down over the one below. Once I ran a bead of caulk on that seam, it appeared to have cured the problem. That wall where that leak was,was sloped just like the Hideouts are.
mlk1950 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hideout