Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 01-22-2012, 04:51 AM   #1
5arnolds

36" slides that use cables - looking for input

We are seriously looking at the Passport 3220BH. One of the features I am not familiar with is the cable mechanism that brings the slide in and out.

Can anyone comment on this cable design as opposed to the gear design I am used to hearing about? How does this system hold up? Is this considered a better design? Has anyone had problems with this cable design working?
5arnolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 05:49 AM   #2
jje1960

Slide cables

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5arnolds View Post
We are seriously looking at the Passport 3220BH. One of the features I am not familiar with is the cable mechanism that brings the slide in and out.

Can anyone comment on this cable design as opposed to the gear design I am used to hearing about? How does this system hold up? Is this considered a better design? Has anyone had problems with this cable design working?
We had the cables on a previous TT's main slide, worked fine, however what a bear to adjust. I frankly never did get it right, needed adjusting to get the slide pulled straight in, asked the dealer to do it, they did not.... just greased the thing... Ended up trading it anyway. I believe we have the same system on the small bedroom wardrobe slide in our SRX.... Hopefully it will never need adjusting!
jje1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 06:17 AM   #3
rfinley

We have a 2011 Passport 3220BH. Used it often last year. No issues with our cable slides. In fact, I have had only a few minor problems with the unit. Bad "F" connector up at the TV antenna, water leak the I missed on the PDI (loose connection on a trap), and a bad switch on the rear stabilizer (the switches from the factory are junk !!). Any questions on the 3220BH feel free to ask...
rfinley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 04:21 AM   #4
TeamCyBo

We have a OB 210RS with the rear cable slide. From what I have read in other forums this is a vast improvement in function and durability from the previous design. If you would like, visit Outbackers.com to read up. Good luck and happy camping.

Bo

Roy Rogers said it best, "Happy Trails To You, Until We Meet Again".

https://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/.../thefamily.jpg
TeamCyBo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 05:40 PM   #5
lspajm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfinley View Post
We have a 2011 Passport 3220BH. Used it often last year. No issues with our cable slides. In fact, I have had only a few minor problems with the unit. Bad "F" connector up at the TV antenna, water leak the I missed on the PDI (loose connection on a trap), and a bad switch on the rear stabilizer (the switches from the factory are junk !!). Any questions on the 3220BH feel free to ask...
We are just about to buy a 2011 passport 3220BH - what did you have problems with on the rear "switch"? on the stabilizer jacks? thanks!
lspajm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 08:56 PM   #6
golfpro

keystone has gone to this system in their high country series. they claim the cable system is lighter and more reliable. from what I've read from the high country RES321 owners is one of the cables wore through the rubber grommet guides and the guide had to be replaced. He caught it in time before it wore through the slide walls
golfpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 06:28 PM   #7
Mij

Quote:
Originally Posted by lspajm View Post
We are just about to buy a 2011 passport 3220BH - what did you have problems with on the rear "switch"? on the stabilizer jacks? thanks!
I have a 3050 Passport and had a stabilizer switch go out as well. Going to find a better switch after I run out of warrenty. Both my slides have flawless so far I have had problems with tv reception and am curious about the antenna conection mentioned above.