Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > General RV Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 01-30-2018, 12:09 PM   #1
KHBama

Power cord part

Hey guys, the black part that screws to lock the cord to trailer broke on my power cord. I've searched amazon for 50 amp power cord twist lock but the whole power cord comes up. Anyone know where I can pick one up? or another name i can search? Thanks
KHBama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 12:23 PM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

Here's a link to one on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/Power-Locking...power+cord+end

If you look at the pictures, it shows a "3 pin 30 amp plug" but the description and the bottom picture describe (and show) a 4 pin 50 amp system. I'm not sure if this will fit your trailer connector, some are unique but most are universal. Anyway, this link may get you started. I don't believe the weather shield and the black ring are available as separate parts, I believe the smallest component available is the entire plug assembly.

ADDED: MARINCO does sell the individual ring, but I don't think Marinco parts are compatible with CAMCO or LCI components. https://www.amazon.com/Marinco-510R-...DE0RBWVWD&th=1

ADDED #2: Here are two other brand locking rings so apparently they are available as separate components ??? :
https://www.amazon.com/Camco-55577-P...139PT66KTBX9WC

https://www.amazon.com/Conntek-Exten...139PT66KTBX9WC

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 12:46 PM   #3
KHBama

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
Here's a link to one on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/Power-Locking...power+cord+end

If you look at the pictures, it shows a "3 pin 30 amp plug" but the description and the bottom picture describe (and show) a 4 pin 50 amp system. I'm not sure if this will fit your trailer connector, some are unique but most are universal. Anyway, this link may get you started. I don't believe the weather shield and the black ring are available as separate parts, I believe the smallest component available is the entire plug assembly.

ADDED: MARINCO does sell the individual ring, but I don't think Marinco parts are compatible with CAMCO or LCI components. https://www.amazon.com/Marinco-510R-...DE0RBWVWD&th=1

ADDED #2: Here are two other brand locking rings so apparently they are available as separate components ??? :
https://www.amazon.com/Camco-55577-P...139PT66KTBX9WC

https://www.amazon.com/Conntek-Exten...139PT66KTBX9WC
Ahhhhhhh Locking Ring! Thanks for the links, ordered the camco, hopefully works out
Old 02-02-2018, 07:39 AM   #4
Rolling Along
Gone Traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHBama View Post
Ahhhhhhh Locking Ring! Thanks for the links, ordered the camco, hopefully works out
Let us know how it works out. Very first time we used ours when brand new the ring was loose on the threads and wouldn’t hold but would jump the thread. Approx 9 months later I dropped the end and it hit the rear bumper and broke it so I have never used the threaded ring properly since it didn’t work from day one.
Rolling Along is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 12:36 PM   #5
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolling Along View Post
Let us know how it works out. Very first time we used ours when brand new the ring was loose on the threads and wouldn’t hold but would jump the thread. Approx 9 months later I dropped the end and it hit the rear bumper and broke it so I have never used the threaded ring properly since it didn’t work from day one.
Quote:
Hey guys, the black part that screws to lock the cord to trailer broke on my power cord. I've searched amazon for 50 amp power cord twist lock but the whole power cord comes up. Anyone know where I can pick one up? or another name i can search? Thanks
It's really not necessary on a TT. The twist lock cord and locking ring was originally used in consumer market for boats as a boat tied up to the dock will will move and rock with the waves. A TT doesn't have those forces acting upon the cord/plug.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 11:22 AM   #6
KHBama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolling Along View Post
The Camco thread lock ring worked perfectly. Went on with no problem
Old 02-05-2018, 03:13 PM   #7
jsmith948

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybouy View Post
It's really not necessary on a TT. The twist lock cord and locking ring was originally used in consumer market for boats as a boat tied up to the dock will will move and rock with the waves. A TT doesn't have those forces acting upon the cord/plug.
Well, some of us rock our campers more than others, I guess.....

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Jack & Marty
2018 Laredo 298 SRL
2011 F-250 SB Crew Cab 4x4 6.7L
jsmith948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 04:27 PM   #8
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmith948 View Post

Now that's funny.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 08:09 PM   #9
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmith948 View Post

Maybe you need to tighten up your stabilizers
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 04:39 PM   #10
Rolling Along
Gone Traveling

Quote:
The Camco thread lock ring worked perfectly. Went on with no problem
Looked at my 50amp cord end today. I see no way to install the lock ring on it so, since it has worked for two years without it should work another 14 if I keep it as long as the last one.
Rolling Along is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
power