Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 01-18-2018, 10:22 AM   #11
AbHDToyHauler

We have a FLIR camera at work and when we bought it the price was around $10,000. and we use it for looking for hot spots and loose wires etc in electrical panels. However they are very good for other things (like trailers ) for finding things. For instance turn on a specific switch for your heatpad. Shoot the tanks and watch where it starts to get a warm image. Thats the tank that heat pad is on. Also great for finding leaks etc or hidden moisture in walls. The roofing companies use them to tell where the roof has leaks as where the moisture is will look different in infra red. Ours is so sensitive you can put your had on the drywall for 30 seconds and the hand imprint is still visible 10 min. later. i am sure these small units are just as good as the one that we bought 8 years ago as technology keeps getting cheaper.

AbHDToyHauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 01:53 PM   #12
dcg9381

FYI - Home Depot rents stand alone FLIR cameras..

dcg9381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 11:04 AM   #13
cardinal96ss

ChuckS x 2.
cardinal96ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 09:30 AM   #14
auwingrider

i buy them wholesale for $420.00 they are great for all kinds of things. But you are correct its a lot of money for one task.
auwingrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 09:39 AM   #15
darrylwt

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimthemosaicguy View Post
Has anyone tried? Anyone use infrared that can compare pros/cons etc?

Keystoneís failure to provide detailed drawings, schematics, construction info is quite frustrating.

I want to know what is behind the walls, under the floors and above the underbelly.

Even simple things like the heat pads for the holding tanks. The dealer installed 3 pads after my 2016 Fuzion was delivered. There is a panel with 3 switches but they didnít bother to label which switch goes to which tank.

Aside from pulling down the lining. I havenít figured out how to ID the switches.

Let me know what you think.

https://youtu.be/CU-Gh1KBIYo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It would be nice when you buy a trailer that you could get a complete build schematics drawing for your model to show all the wiring and plumbing and and.
with 5" exhaust system
2015 Keystone Montana HC 305RL
650 Watt Solar panels, 4 6volt T-105
Go power 3000 inverter.
darrylwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 12:07 PM   #16
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrylwt View Post
It would be nice when you buy a trailer that you could get a complete build schematics drawing for your model to show all the wiring and plumbing and and.
From discussing this same thing on the forum/s for my particular 5er it's been determined that even if/when you may get drawings they are not "as built" but merely suggestions for the guys putting them together as nearly everyone is wired/plumbed/tv cables runs are different, nothing consistent.
2013 Denali 3500 DRW D/A
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 12:57 PM   #17
chuckster57
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin texans View Post
From discussing this same thing on the forum/s for my particular 5er it's been determined that even if/when you may get drawings they are not "as built" but merely suggestions for the guys putting them together as nearly everyone is wired/plumbed/tv cables runs are different, nothing consistent.

Iíve had 2 identical units one number apart in the VIN, side by side. Issue with one. Went to look at the other and the only thing the same was the floor plan and appliances.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 02:16 PM   #18
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
I’ve had 2 identical units one number apart in the VIN, side by side. Issue with one. Went to look at the other and the only thing the same was the floor plan and appliances.
^^^ X2. When we were shopping we thoroughly went through 4 identical models of our trailer. There were significant differences in all of them. Three had Dometic refrigerators, one had a Norcold. Two had a vent fan in the kitchen roof vent, two didn't. One was missing the LP quick connect for the grill. One was missing the remote control (not just the hand unit, there was no remote control "control unit" installed in the battery bay. One had stainless appliances the other three had black appliances. One had "raindrop glass" in the shower enclosure, three had obscure "hammered glass". Two had wood-look vinyl the other two had travertine tile look vinyl. All 4 had the same "dťcor package", the Platinum package" with "leather look chocolate furniture"

It goes without saying, anyone who feels that those 4 trailers would have been "identical" in wiring, plumbing or even structural components ????? Not a chance, from what I saw. Have things changed at Keystone in the past 4 or 5 years? You can bet your paycheck, I'll keep mine in my pocket !!!!!

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote